Game Thread 9/4

kevin57

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Sep 4, 2005 -> 11:48 AM)
Pods, LF

Iguchi, 2B

Everett, DH

PK, 1B

Rowand, CF

Dye, RF

AJ, C

Blum, SS

Ozuna, 3B

I think the "Sunday Special" line up is being saved for the trip to Boston. Which is fine because the important players can stay home in rest. I am not sure why Uribe is being rested though except for the fact that I can not remember his last day off.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Sep 4, 2005 -> 10:59 AM)
AH f***, Blum at SS.

Its bonderman facing us. Nasty slider, Ozzie is trying to stack the deck with as many lefties as he can throw in. I understand the players playing. I dont however understand why Blum isnt playing 3rd and Pablo is playing SS. That would make more sense for me.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 4, 2005 -> 12:17 PM)
Its bonderman facing us.  Nasty slider, Ozzie is trying to stack the deck with as many lefties as he can throw in.  I understand the players playing.  I dont however understand why Blum isnt playing 3rd and Pablo is playing SS.  That would make more sense for me.

I wouldn't be surprised if now that Ozuna is actually playing a solid 3rd base that he'll be the everyday 3rd baseman the rest of the year even when Joe comes back.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 4, 2005 -> 11:29 AM)
I wouldn't be surprised if now that Ozuna is actually playing a solid 3rd base that he'll be the everyday 3rd baseman the rest of the year even when Joe comes back.

With the way Crede has played with the glove this year, I would be very surprised by that.

On the other hand...I wouldn't be surprised if that became part of the plan in the offseason, with Crede/Boras hitting arbitration.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 4, 2005 -> 06:37 PM)
On the other hand...I wouldn't be surprised if that became part of the plan in the offseason, with Crede/Boras hitting arbitration.

I highly doubt we have any plans of making Ozuna are full-time 3b next season. That would be a 30 error, 0 homer season waiting to happen. That's not exactly what you want out of your corner position player, especially with a defensive SS on the team.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 4, 2005 -> 06:29 PM)

Ozzie just has to make sure to not overexpose Ozuna. A lot of bench players, when they get the chance to start on a daily basis, will do really well at first, and then just hit the wall.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 4, 2005 -> 01:37 PM)
With the way Crede has played with the glove this year, I would be very surprised by that.

It should be interesting to see how much Crede will want, and then from the Sox point of view how much more patient they want to be with him. All I heard last year was that if the Sox were just a little more patient, Crede would finally have that bust out year hitting that every scout says he's bound to have.

We're still waiting. :banghead

On the other hand, we waited on Garland, and that is paying off this year. Still, Crede will not have earned $$$$$ until his bat matches his glove.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 4, 2005 -> 01:56 PM)
This place is sure quiet.  I feel somewhat responsible for these slow threads since I haven't been posting in them frequently.  An update every once in a while about the game would be appreciated, especially things like good catches, just misses, etc.

Pablo just made an incredible play saving 2 runs.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 4, 2005 -> 07:57 PM)
Pablo makes a nice play, and I'm happy.

I switch over to MLB Extra Innings to see Shannon Stewart with a HUGE, two out, bases loaded single driving in two.  4-3 Twinkies!!!  :headbang

About time Stewart did something to help the Sox! Thanks jphat for your updates also. I'm stuck at work, and boy does it suck not being able to watch the game.