Alex Chilton missing

LosMediasBlancas

Sorry if this is another post.

This name might not mean much to most of you, but Chilton was a member of Big Star, one of my favorite bands. Apparently, he was staying in a hotel in the French quarter and no one has heard from him since last Monday.

Big Star never really made it big in terms of record sales, but they are loved by critics and had a huge influence on almost every band worth listening to.

I think someone else mentioned them here before.

QUOTE(ilsox7 @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 04:52 PM)
Inconsequential, but Counting Crows also includes him often times during an alternate of Mr. Jones, where the lyric goes from, "I wanna be Bob Dylan" to "I wanna be Alex Chilton."

Yeah and unfortunately, most people look around and ask: who??

Prayers for Mr. Chilton and all the other victims and their families. The events in N.O. have sucked the life out of me this week.

Listed as missing, Chilton phones in

Big Star singer-guitarist Alex Chilton, who'd been listed as missing on the Times-Picayune's website, is apparently OK. Chilton, who lives in New Orleans, stayed in his house during the hurricane but hadn't been heard from once the flooding began, according to his record label, Rykodisc. A family member reported that the singer telephoned Sunday night.

A couple blogs have him as safe, but they all could be quoting each other. I couldn't find any independent, journalism site that would confirm. Most reports have him in Houston.