White Sox VS. Red SOX -Game thread (Sep 5th)

kman

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 05:40 PM)
Juan performing well is bitter sweet to me.  I want him to do well for the sake of the team, but the better he performs, the more Kenny and Ozzie love him and the less likely we will go after Furcal.  Unless, we went after Furcal and moved Uribe to 3b, which would be a logical move to me.

I know others disagree w/me, but I wouldn't worry about Furcal. He's going to get a ton of money this offseason, and I can't see us getting into a bidding war with the Cubs for him. Considering his agent is Aramis Ramirez's agent, and they're close friends.....it leads me to believe that if the Braves don't bring him back, he'll be playing for the Cubs next year.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 12:42 PM)
Not only was Parque terrible, but I heard he was a jackass,

I waited on him a few times at a restaraunt I worked at a few years ago. He seemed like an OK guy but who knows.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 11:43 AM)
I know others disagree w/me, but I wouldn't worry about Furcal.  He's going to get a ton of money this offseason, and I can't see us getting into a bidding war with the Cubs for him.  Considering his agent is Aramis Ramirez's agent, and they're close friends.....it leads me to believe that if the Braves don't bring him back, he'll be playing for the Cubs next year.

Not to get into a bash Cubs thing or look towards next year one, but if we throw similar money at Furcal, I think Ozzie latin influence and the fact that the Cubs have Dusty and all day games could bring him here. Especially if we do well in the playoffs, we could be very popular.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 05:46 PM)
Not that most of us care what the national media think but this could be an eye-opening win for the national folks.  Beating Schilling at Fenway, where they have been almost uneatable lately.

As one of the main pessimists on this board, you should know that there's still a long way to go in this game.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 01:46 PM)
How is that a personal attack? I have heard he wasn't a very nice guy and when I met him he was not very friendly to me or the other people around me.

You could say... "I never liked him, he had a bad attitude", instead of calling someone a "jackass".

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 12:47 PM)
As one of the main pessimists on this board, you should know that there's still a long way to go in this game.

Hey didn't you read my September 1st post? I am turning a new leaf. I am Mr optimist until our season ends...hopefully in mid-October.

:gosox1:

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 05:48 PM)
Paul's bat must be melting in his hands......

Someone's in their free agent year stretch drive! Even if it results in him going to a different team after this season, at least he's contributing so much to this team.