AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!

knightni

Hell yeah! B-Mac was spectacular again! The pitching was great, the defense was good minus a few errors, but the offense was rolling again. If the Sox can keep playing exactly the way they have been playing the last 5 games, I see good confidence and chances going into the playoffs.

Edited by TheBigHurt

I was so happy to see that this makeup game was going to be broadcast by ESPN. I was thoroughly impressed by BMAC and I can hardly believe the calls to trade this guy. You have to keep your eye on the future and BMAC will be a staff leader. He has shut down 2 potent offenses in a row. If it weren't for some shody defense and brain cramp by Jenks we would have had 2 shut outs in a row. That's some impressive performances down the stretch run.

I should have listened better to you guys who saw him in Spring Training. Great effort by BMac. It's nice to see guys get called up who look good for the long haul. This is my second helping of crow where this kid is concerned. Keep it coming! The taste is starting to grow on me, and you know you need at least a little beer to wash it down. :cheers

QUOTE(Yossarian @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 03:27 PM)
I should have listened better to you guys who saw him in Spring Training. Great effort by BMac. It's nice to see guys get called up who look good for the long haul. This is my second helping of crow where this kid is concerned. Keep it coming! The taste is starting to grow on me, and you know you need at least a little beer to wash it down. :cheers

BMac lost his changeup earlier this year. He wasn't throwing it. And he was getting hammered. He had all 3 pitches working today...good location on the fastball...a good curve, and a change that he was throwing for strikes. He puts those 3 out there, he can beat anyone.

Now...just wait until next year...when they teach him to throw another pitch, and maybe he adds another few mph to his fastball.

This kid is going to be incredible.

And you know the thing I really loved about his performance today? He was getting the ball, getting the call, and throwing it. No delays. He didn't take time to think...it did take him a lot of pitches because the BoSox are a very good hitting team...but he was getting the ball and throwing it. I think we all know where he learned that. Get him out there, throw strikes, work quickly, and change speeds. That's Mark's formula...and Mark doesn't have the arm this kid has.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 01:32 PM)
This was a HUGE win.  For one,  the Magic number is now 17.  Two,  this gives us a full 5 game lead on Boston for homefield advantage through the AL playoffs.  Three,  it proves that B-mac's performance against Texas was no fluke.  This kid is the real f***in deal.  And,  of course,  we're 5-0 this month.

We're still on pace for our 30-0 September!

Side note...the last time I shaved on my field trip was the night after the last game of the Texas series. I haven't shaved since then. The Sox have not lost since I shaved. I'm starting to wonder how a Goatee would look on me.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 06:47 PM)
BMac lost his changeup earlier this year.  He wasn't throwing it.  And he was getting hammered.  He had all 3 pitches working today...good location on the fastball...a good curve, and a change that he was throwing for strikes.  He puts those 3 out there, he can beat anyone.

Now...just wait until next year...when they teach him to throw another pitch, and maybe he adds another few mph to his fastball.

This kid is going to be incredible.

And you know the thing I really loved about his performance today?  He was getting the ball, getting the call, and throwing it.  No delays.  He didn't take time to think...it did take him a lot of pitches because the BoSox are a very good hitting team...but he was getting the ball and throwing it.  I think we all know where he learned that.  Get him out there, throw strikes, work quickly, and change speeds.  That's Mark's formula...and Mark doesn't have the arm this kid has.

You comment on the pitch counts was right on. The BoSox had several quality AB's where they were fighting off a lot of good pitches.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 05:28 PM)
You comment on the pitch counts was right on.  The BoSox had several quality AB's where they were fighting off a lot of good pitches.

They do that to almost everyone...that's why they're the best offense in baseball. They're hard as hell to get out. But when guys see 8+ pitches from you, and you still retire them and keep the team shut out...that's a hell of an accomplishment.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 07:30 PM)
They do that to almost everyone...that's why they're the best offense in baseball.  They're hard as hell to get out.  But when guys see 8+ pitches from you, and you still retire them and keep the team shut out...that's a hell of an accomplishment.

That's for sure. I was more impressed by this performance than the one over Texas.

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
Wow. Just wow.

Our 6th Starter -- 6th!!! -- shuts down the best offense in all of baseball. Impressive.

Agreed, most teams don't have 5 decent starters...or even 3. Right now the Sox have 6. Plus they have 2 good closers (Jenks would have looked better if Iguchi makes that play) and a few setup men. Speaking of Jenks, he made Ramirez look silly in the ninth. That was a special moment.

QUOTE(G&T @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 08:20 PM)
Agreed, most teams don't have 5 decent starters...or even 3. Right now the Sox have 6. Plus they have 2 good closers (Jenks would have looked better if Iguchi makes that play) and a few setup men. Speaking of Jenks, he made Ramirez look silly in the ninth. That was a special moment.

Welcome to SoxTalk! :cheers