Boston Watch

Brian

Today was a bigger game for us than I first thought. If we had lost, we would of only been up 3 games on the Red Sox for homefield in the ALCS if we were so inclined to make it there.

With the win, we are 5 games up on them now.

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 05:02 PM)
Today was a bigger game for us than I first thought. If we had lost, we would of only been up 3 games on the Red Sox for homefield in the ALCS if we were so inclined to make it there.

With the win, we are 5 games up on them now.

Since you brought it up I'll chime in...Boston also has one heckuva hard schedule this week...Anaheim followed by the Yankees.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 05:14 PM)
Homefield to me is very important.  I don't care what our road record is,  you would always want to play more games at home than on the road.  Game 1 of the ALCS in Chicago sounds a lot better to me than game 1 of the ALCS in Boston/New York/ect.

Also...if Freddie winds up pitching game 3 or game 4...I think every one here would vastly prefer it if that game were on the road.

While homefield is important, so is playing well on the road. Remember, in the ALDS it's a 2-2-1 schedule, which means that you have to shut the door on the road. While it's good to have homefield advantage, it's also nice to know that the Sox can play well away and will be able to shut the when given the opportunity.