Just Curious

HeGone!

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 09:45 PM)
The Hawk/DJ shoutout was in response to one of our admins.....

I've sent in several not to have any answered. I was watching tv one day and my son asked Who was the better clutch hitter my dad says it was dick Allen and he,I, said it was Harold Baines. Hawk went on about how Harold was the best and no one was a better clutch hitter. I called my son to tell him that his question was answered by Hawk. Of course you can't watch tv every second so he was glad i told him. I personally don't give a s*** what hawk's opinion on that question was but when Harold Baines was on put on waivers and hawk didn't pick him up hawk was fired. O f course hawk was horribly inept at that position but he was the wrong person to ask about Harold Baines.. If you notice Hawk talks all the time but can you remember him ever mentioning Richie Allen there's other players also will never get air time or their Kudos :cheers

My mom had her e-mail answered the day after (Monday) the last Sox/Yankees game. She didn't really ask a question. She just made a comment about an ignorant fan at the ballpark. She said that a man at the ballpark asked her who the guy in left field was. It was Timo Perez. The man was surprised my mom and aunt knew so much more than him about the White Sox. I've been in college so I did not get to hear the e-mail or watch the game for that matter. My mom recorded the read aloud e-mail though from a CSN Replay, so I will hear it as soon as I get home.

QUOTE(RX Bandits @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 11:55 AM)
I wish people would stop asking hawk why he calls the red sox the carmines. I used to want to know the answer now it's like every red sox game tha question comes up. Hawk, just call them the red sox to avoid me getting pissed off again.

Why DOES he call them the Carmines? ;)

[

QUOTE(Hanky Panky @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 07:24 AM)
My mom had her e-mail answered the day after (Monday) the last Sox/Yankees game. She didn't really ask a question. She just made a comment about an ignorant fan at the ballpark. She said that a man at the ballpark asked her who the guy in left field was. It was Timo Perez. The man was surprised my mom and aunt knew so much more than him about the White Sox. I've been in college so I did not get to hear the e-mail or watch the game for that matter. My mom recorded the read aloud e-mail though from a CSN Replay, so I will hear it as soon as I get home.

I have a similar story to this. I asked them a question about who has the advantage when facing former teammates, like Maggz and our pitching staff. Both of them said "flip a coin" and Hawk went on about how a former teammate struck him out 14 times in a row.

Anyway I was checking the scores on ESPNEWS and when I turned the Sox game back on they were answering my question, so I missed it. Luckily they had the replay on at 1 Am the next morning so I recorded it and sure enough they had answered my question. Also, I figured Hawks shout out to Soxtalk was in response to an e-mail, although it doesn't work on my computer, which is a piece of crap

QUOTE(YASNY @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 04:06 PM)
Why DOES he call them the Carmines? ;)

Because Carmine Ragusa – Laverne DeFazio's old boyfriend – is one of the co-owners, silly. :P :P

lavernecarmineshirley.gif

Edit: Or was he Shirley's boyfriend?? I can't remember.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

Back during the Royals futility streak of 19 games I sent in an e-mail asking Hawk and DJ which they thought was harder to do win 20 in a row, which the A's did in '02 or lose 20 in a row. DJ said its always harder to win and Hawk said that they were both very tough to do. I TiVo'd it too, it was weird hearing Hawk say my name on the air, especially since it is so hard for some people to pronounce.

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 04:34 PM)
Back during the Royals futility streak of 19 games I sent in an e-mail asking Hawk and DJ which they thought was harder to do win 20 in a row, which the A's did in '02 or lose 20 in a row.  DJ said its always harder to win and Hawk said that they were both very tough to do.  I TiVo'd it too, it was weird hearing Hawk say my name on the air, especially since it is so hard for some people to pronounce.

I remember that one!

I sent one in early in the season asking Hawk about whether or not he really invented the batting glove and how it happened. He didn't answer it during the game, and I wasn't able to watch the next game, but my buddy told me when he turned the game on the next day Hawk was going on and on about having invented the batting glove, so I guess it's likely he was answering my question, but I don't really know.

QUOTE(UofIChiSox @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 06:31 PM)
I sent one in early in the season asking Hawk about whether or not he really invented the batting glove and how it happened.  He didn't answer it during the game, and I wasn't able to watch the next game, but my buddy told me when he turned the game on the next day Hawk was going on and on about having invented the batting glove, so I guess it's likely he was answering my question, but I don't really know.

hawk invented the batting glove?

QUOTE(UofIChiSox @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 06:31 PM)
I sent one in early in the season asking Hawk about whether or not he really invented the batting glove and how it happened.  He didn't answer it during the game, and I wasn't able to watch the next game, but my buddy told me when he turned the game on the next day Hawk was going on and on about having invented the batting glove, so I guess it's likely he was answering my question, but I don't really know.

i remember him talking about the batting glove thing. but then again he mentions that at least once a year anyway :bang

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 02:34 PM)
Back during the Royals futility streak of 19 games I sent in an e-mail asking Hawk and DJ which they thought was harder to do win 20 in a row, which the A's did in '02 or lose 20 in a row.  DJ said its always harder to win and Hawk said that they were both very tough to do.  I TiVo'd it too, it was weird hearing Hawk say my name on the air, especially since it is so hard for some people to pronounce.

I remember that one too, It also seems if you end whatever you ask with "Go Sox" they will read it.

I got one answered on the air last year and one this year.

Last years was, "Hawk and DJ,.....In the history of baseball, do you know of any other LEFT-HANDED knuckleballer besides Wilbur Wood? Hoyt Wilhelm, The Niekro brothers, Charlie Hough Tim Wakefield were all right handers!" Answer, "Hawk said that he knew some guys that threw it once in a wjile, but as a regular lefthanded thrower of a knuckleball......................No!" Couldn't recall one!

This years question...."Hawk, you once said that Sam McDowell of The Cleveland Indians was by far the hardest throwing pitcher that you ever faced. Nolan Ryan was in the record books for the longest time for being the hardest thrower at 101 MPH. The radar gun came out after the Sam McDowell era and during the Nolan Ryan era. My Question........You saw them both! How would you compare Sam McDowell to Nolan Ryan??" His answer............ No Comparison!! Sam McDowell definately threw harder!!

I've emailed them questions like. " Where did you get all of your catch phrases from, Hawk? and Where can I get "playoff" tickets. You guys are great. Give me a shout out, thanks.. I love that duck..." AND "

Does a runner have to tag up if a ball is hit in foul ground and no one catches it? and

Can a pitcher switch to another position and then come back and pitch again?

Thanks and go go sox!"

but I've never heard them read.. :crying