"where would he play?"

bighurt2719

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 04:50 PM)
well,  the way i grasp it, either you're injury prone......or your not.

didn't know you could shed that tag.

The guy had a bad break injury wise for a few years, he has NOT been hurt at all this year. How can you call the guy injury prone if he's healthy for the entire season while putting up ridiculous offensive numbers?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 02:51 PM)
The guy had a bad break injury wise for a few years, he has NOT been hurt at all this year. How can you call the guy injury prone if he's healthy for the entire season while putting up ridiculous offensive numbers?

If Nomar were healthy and hitting well all this year...I'd still call him injury prone.

J.D. Drew was healthy and hitting well all last year. I thought the Dodgers overpaid for him...because he was injury prone. (I was right).

You need like 2-3 years at least in order to fully clear that title.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 04:53 PM)
If Nomar were healthy and hitting well all this year...I'd still call him injury prone.

J.D. Drew was healthy and hitting well all last year.  I thought the Dodgers overpaid for him...because he was injury prone.  (I was right).

You need like 2-3 years at least in order to fully clear that title.

Still, the fact that he's going to be out for the next 2 games should not make people happy that the Sox didn't trade for him. You can't be pining for him one second then you don't get him, he misses 2 games you you're glad you didn't trade for him. That makes no sense.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 04:59 PM)
Still, the fact that he's going to be out for the next 2 games should not make people happy that the Sox didn't trade for him. You can't be pining for him one second then you don't get him, he misses 2 games you you're glad you didn't trade for him. That makes no sense.

Accept, nobody said that they were happy that we didn't trade for him. I merely said it may turn out to be good that we didn't. Don't twist my words around.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 02:59 PM)

You're totally correct that him being out for 2 games shouldn't make people wish that we hadn't traded for him...if the price was someone other than BMac, Anderson, or Gonzalez, I still wish we had...assuming of course the diagnosis is correct and he's only out for 2 days.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 04:53 PM)
.J.D. Drew was healthy and hitting well all last year.  I thought the Dodgers overpaid for him...because he was injury prone.  (I was right).

He had his wrist broken on a HBP. I guess Drew doesn't drink enough milk or get enough calcium in his diet???

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 05:41 PM)
He's gonna miss 1 or 2 games with a sprained foot. I'd hardly say he's out for the season. God, the guy misses 2 games and suddenly he's back to being injury prone.

ESPN is saying he's most likely out for the season

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)

Of course, missing two games isn't that big a deal. But when you have Griffey's injury history, it can be.

Griffey's games played from 2001 through 2004.) 111, 70, 53, 83...That means he missed 331 games in a 4 year stretch. If that's not injury prone, I don't know what is. And if it turns out he is out for the season, THANK THE f***ING LORD WE DIDN'T TRADE FOR HIM!