Royals @ White Sox 9/6/2005

WSoxMatt

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 07:50 PM)
Too bad the stadium doesn't. :o ....These are the kind of games where a solid season ticket base helps.

it's against the royals. The weekend series against the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim in Orange County in Southern California right Near Irvine will be in the 30,000 range.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 07:51 PM)
I was excited to see a small crowd. Means we play better.

We will play better with small crowds, big crowds or no crowds. We will be unstoppable the rest of the way!!

BTW...if anyone wants to buy my car I'll give you the soxtalk discount ($500 off). http://chicago.craigslist.org/car/95784241.html

Sorry, I know that's lame to do.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 06:52 PM)
Quit worrying about the Tribe :chair ........................ :P

Yah. Safe to stop worrying at this point.

A funny tidbit is that we actually had a SMALLER lead at this point in the season in 2000. That kind of blew me away. ANd that Cleveland team was much better than this one.

Anyway. Good job Paulie!

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 07:54 PM)
We will play better with small crowds, big crowds or no crowds.  We will be unstoppable the rest of the way!!

BTW...if anyone wants to buy my car I'll give you the soxtalk discount ($500 off). http://chicago.craigslist.org/car/95784241.html

Sorry, I know that's lame to do.

Post this in Sex, Lies, and Politics and you may get more of a response.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 05:55 PM)
The more they lose, the easier things get for the Sox.  Come on, don't you want to see the great Ross Gload play more? :D

Actually i wan't it to be somewhat close, so the Sox don't lose there edge heading into the playoffs.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 07:55 PM)
The more they lose, the easier things get for the Sox.  Come on, don't you want to see the great Ross Gload play more? :D

I don't want us to clinch it too soon. I have tickets for the 19th vs Cleveland. Want us to clinch it that night. I know I'm selfish.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 12:49 AM)
who said anything about homefield? Why not cap your season with the best record in all of baseball? :huh

I'd rather pick 29th in the draft then 30th. I believe it goes by record, though it might switch after the teams make the playoffs...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 06:57 PM)
I'd rather pick 29th in the draft then 30th.  I believe it goes by record, though it might switch after the teams make the playoffs...

i think the team that wins it all picks last regardless of their record

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 06:55 PM)

I imagine that we're going to be playing hard until the end because of home field. I think they know how important that is against Boston.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 06:59 PM)
I'd rather the Indians lose all of their games for the rest of the season, and the Sox clinch as soon as possible. At least my blood pressure would surely appreciate that.  Shut them down Duque!

I don't mind cause I think it makes for fun baseball. I wasn't enjoying it enough in August, but I'm trying to soak it in in September.