Royals @ White Sox 9/6/2005

WSoxMatt

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 02:14 AM)
Good job Pablo and Viz! Terrible job Cotts

Yeah, lets piss on Cotts and his 1.84 era. If Ozzie used him at all lately he would realize he is one of the most dominant pitchers we have on the staff. But hey, lets use him like a moron as a situational lefty. Unbelievable.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 02:15 AM)
Yeah, lets piss on Cotts and his 1.84 era.  If Ozzie used him at all lately he would realize he is one of the most dominant pitchers we have on the staff.  But hey, lets use him like a moron as a situational lefty.  Unbelievable.

^^^^

One of the best relievers in all of baseball this season, and he's a f***ing LOOGY.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 08:15 PM)
Yeah, lets piss on Cotts and his 1.84 era.  If Ozzie used him at all lately he would realize he is one of the most dominant pitchers we have on the staff.  But hey, lets use him like a moron as a situational lefty.  Unbelievable.

Make people earn it. Don't hit people with a 2 run lead with Sweeney coming up soon.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 02:16 AM)
^^^^

One of the best relievers in all of baseball this season, and he's a f***ing LOOGY.

Cotts should have started that inning, no doubt about it. Hell, how much conversation has there been about Duque in the press about how he can only go about 6 innings these days without imploding?

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 09:17 PM)
Make people earn it. Don't hit people with a 2 run lead with Sweeney coming up soon.

he's earned it with his sub 2 era the ENTIRE SEASON

but wait, let's judge someone on one pitch.

nice

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 02:17 AM)

Wow, and I thought I was negative. Even if Cotts would have blown that lead, he's the last person who should be blamed for anything this 2nd half of the year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 02:17 AM)
Cotts should have started that inning, no doubt about it.  Hell, how much conversation has there been about Duque in the press about how he can only go about 6 innings these days without imploding?

Exactly! But hey, Ozzie goes with his gut. That is more important than the fact that Cotts is our best reliever and Duque could have his arm fall off at any time now.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 02:19 AM)
Exactly!  But hey, Ozzie goes with his gut.  That is more important than the fact that Cotts is our best reliever and Duque could have his arm fall off at any time now.

I'm just happy that the Royals made two outs that inning on bunts.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 02:20 AM)
WTF. I Was saying make the other team earn it. Don't give them free passes in that situation.

I knew what you meant. It's just hard to get mad at Cotts for hitting ONE batter. Hell, at the beginning of this year, I would have been happy if Cotts went 1/3- while allowing 2 runners.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 02:19 AM)
we're still in good shape here guys, don't panic

It's not the panic, it's the fact that Ozzie continues to make the same mistake with Duque in his starts. When everyone but the manager thinks the pitcher should be pulled, it makes you scratch your head.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 08:20 PM)
I knew what you meant.  It's just hard to get mad at Cotts for hitting ONE batter.  Hell, at the beginning of this year, I would have been happy if Cotts went 1/3- while allowing 2 runners.

I was talking to the other guy. I'm not mad at Ozzie or Duque. Duque had a QS. He had given up 1 run in 6 innings. You let him stay out there. I get pissed at free passes. Especially in front of Sweeney. That's why i was much more pissed at Cotts. I don't care what he's done this year. He's been great in his situations. But i'm talkin about tonight.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 08:23 PM)
I was talking to the other guy. I'm not mad at Ozzie or Duque. Duque had a QS. He had given up 1 run in 6 innings. You let him stay out there. I get pissed at free passes. Especially in front of Sweeney. That's why i was much more pissed at Cotts. I don't care what he's done this year. He's been great in his situations. But i'm talkin about tonight.

Duke still has a QS.

--Well stat wise, I just realized u meant a QS in general.--

Edited by Sox Hustler

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 02:21 AM)
It's not the panic, it's the fact that Ozzie continues to make the same mistake with Duque in his starts.  When everyone but the manager thinks the pitcher should be pulled, it makes you scratch your head.

Ozzie seems to be overly concerned with the starters going 7 innings. El Duque is good for 6.