Royals @ White Sox 9/6/2005

WSoxMatt

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 02:36 AM)
Relax, Relax. We got 5 outs to get against KC, and this will be a learning experience( God I hope) for Oz.

Agreed. Even though I thought the Seattle game and the Rangers game would be a learning experience for Ozzie.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 08:36 PM)
Relax, Relax. We got 5 outs to get against KC, and this will be a learning experience( God I hope) for Oz.

Uh. No. Ozzie does things the way he wants to do things. Not the way a bunch of fans on a message board thinks he should do things. It has worked pretty well for him so far.

He's done nothing wrong tonight. Not his fault Marte gave up a bomb.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 09:40 PM)
Uh. No. Ozzie does things the way he wants to do things. Not the way a bunch of fans on a message board thinks he should do things. It has worked pretty well for him so far.

He's done nothing wrong tonight. Not his fault Marte gave up a bomb.

As much as we fans in a chat room hyperventilate at times, I do not understand Ozzie's love affair is with certain guys. Marte is terrible. Perez is the laughing stock of Sox fans everywhere. What is it with him? As good as he's been overall, Ozzie has a couple of HUGE blind spots.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 02:44 AM)
what a ridiculous hit and run call...

The idea was fine, just a terrible pitch to put in play. To make 3 outs on the bases though is poor, and that's how you don't score for 6 consecutive innings against bad pitching.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 08:44 PM)
Uh. Yes. Its not worth getting into it, because I can already tell there will be no budge in you, but when half the board is calling for Duque to be out at a certain time(the 6th) and Oz leaves him in, and Duke then proceeded to put KC back in the game, OZ made a mistake. We have been watching all season him do the same thing.

Get over it, Ozzie is not a good in game manager. He himself might tell you that.

Then everyone in baseball is a bad manager, because there is not a manager in baseball that takes Duque out giving up 1 run through 6 innings with a 9 1/2 game lead on September 6. There just isn't. And if you really believe there is, there is no reason to continue. WHat half the board thinks means absolutely nothing.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 02:45 AM)
The idea was fine, just a terrible pitch to put in play.  To make 3 outs on the bases though is poor, and that's how you don't score for 6 consecutive innings against bad pitching.

Andy Sisco couldn't find the strike zone in that at-bat. I see no reason to end an inning with a slow runner on base, and someone whose wild on the mound.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 09:44 PM)
Uh. Yes. Its not worth getting into it, because I can already tell there will be no budge in you, but when half the board is calling for Duque to be out at a certain time(the 6th) and Oz leaves him in, and Duke then proceeded to put KC back in the game, OZ made a mistake. We have been watching all season him do the same thing.

Get over it, Ozzie is not a good in game manager. He himself might tell you that.

it's happened countless times on the boards

and more than a few times between friends while watching the game.

ozzie is terrible at managing pitchers, that's a fact.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 02:46 AM)
Then everyone in baseball is a bad manager, because there is not a manager in baseball that takes Duque out giving up 1 run through 6 innings with a 9 1/2 game lead on September 6. There just isn't. And if you really believe there is, there is no reason to continue. WHat half the board thinks means absolutely nothing.

Actually, most managers would be more cautious with an old, injury prone starting pitcher that he has plans of pitching in the postseason. Not only that, but it's not like our bullpen is tired. We have added arms in the bullpen to help out the rest of the season. Lets just win this game!

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)

Let me guess the half you are on is the part that means something.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 08:48 PM)
Let me guess the half you are on is the part that means something.

What I think means absolutely nothing. What the manager with the best record in the AL with a TON of close games where he has had to maneuver pitching and bullpen means 10x more than what anyone here thinks.

Edited by jphat007