WSoxMatt

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)
it's happened countless times on the boards

and more than a few times between friends while watching the game.

ozzie is terrible at managing pitchers, that's a fact.

Then we must be the luckiest team in the histroy of the league to win as many close games as we have this season.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 09:50 PM)
Then we must be the luckiest team in the histroy of the league to win as many close games as we have this season.

or have a great team to overcome some of these mistakes

you're like me and all the other optimists x 1000

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 02:51 AM)
I get the feeling if we win the World Series people will still be complaining on the game thread how Ozzie managed.

It's actually quite amusing.

I can guarantee you that is false. As one of the prime pessimists on this board, you'd never hear a word from me about Ozzie after the season.

I don't care how lucky we get, a win is a win. I simply don't think Ozzie gives our team the GREATEST chance to succeed a lot of the time with his pitching moves. A manager can hit a ball or make a pitch...but he can put the best personnel on the field at the appropriate times on a consistent basis.

Jphat...would you still want Duque starting an inning the rest of the season when his pitch total is around 90?

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 08:55 PM)
I don't care how lucky we get, a win is a win.  I simply don't think Ozzie gives our team the GREATEST chance to succeed a lot of the time with his pitching moves.  A manager can hit a ball or make a pitch...but he can put the best personnel on the field at the appropriate times on a consistent basis.

Jphat...would you still want Duque starting an inning the rest of the season when his pitch total is around 90?

Absolutely. He'd start in that situation everytime, except maybe a clinching game of a playoff series where the bullpen is available. No reason to try and bring in the bullpen with a 4 run lead in theat situation against KC when you have a 9.5 lead on sept. 5. Save your bullpen if Duque can go another 1 or 1 1/2 innings. If eh gives it up, you give it to your bullpen which has been lights out the whole year and hope they don't hit people and give up bombs with a 2 or 3 run lead.

Really it just gives us heartache.

Edited by jphat007