Royals @ White Sox 9/6/2005

WSoxMatt

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 01:00 AM)
I don't mind cause I think it makes for fun baseball. I wasn't enjoying it enough in August, but I'm trying to soak it in in September.

Agreed, this has been very fun so far this month after what any Sox fan would say was an awful month of August. The thing is, we'll have plenty of fun baseball though in the postseason. I just see what happened to the 2003 Cubs with their pitchers running out of gas in the postseason. I'd rather get our starters a lot of rest heading into the postseason (if we make it).

QUOTE(daa84 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 12:58 AM)
i think the team that wins it all picks last regardless of their record

Didn't Boston pick 24th?

I seem to recall the Cardinals taking that Georgia Tech SS (Boras client -- can't think of his name) at (what I thought was) 30th...?

Greene is his name, IIRC.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 05:59 PM)
I'd rather the Indians lose all of their games for the rest of the season, and the Sox clinch as soon as possible. At least my blood pressure would surely appreciate that.  Shut them down Duque!

Me too. And watching the Twins nose dive in the standings is just plain fun.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 06:15 PM)
BTW, if anyone doubts that we should re-sign pauly, I would like to hear your argument against how he is the damn offensive heartbeat of this team

That's not the key question...the key question remains the Ordonez/Lee question...how much else do we lose by committing $11-12 million to Konerko?