Royals @ White Sox 9/6/2005

WSoxMatt

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 07:23 PM)
That's not the key question...the key question remains the Ordonez/Lee question...how much else do we lose by committing $11-12 million to Konerko?

We also must consider who can replace him for less money if thats the way we go. THe 1b crop is small and we'd lose a lot production if he left.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 07:29 PM)
We can argue for years, but Iguchi's not moving from the 2 spot this season.

i agree but i hope in the offseason they address this issue...rowand or iguichi in the 3 hole makes more sense to me...put pablo in the 2 hole....tadahito has to give up his AB's way to often.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 01:31 AM)
Nor should he. We have no one that could fill that roll cept for maybe pablo.

The thing is, as good as Ozuna has been hitting, he's not a real run producer. He's perfect for the 9th spot in the lineup. There's not a doubt in my mind that our offense is better with Ozuna at 3rd base than Crede.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 07:33 PM)
The thing is, as good as Ozuna has been hitting, he's not a real run producer.  He's perfect for the 9th spot in the lineup.  There's not a doubt in my mind that our offense is better with Ozuna at 3rd base than Crede.

The bottom of the lineup is the reason for the offensive surge recently...uribe and pablo have been getting the job done...no more auto 2 outs for 8 and 9 hitters. uribe has really been making pitchers work too...great to see.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 07:33 PM)
The thing is, as good as Ozuna has been hitting, he's not a real run producer.  He's perfect for the 9th spot in the lineup.  There's not a doubt in my mind that our offense is better with Ozuna at 3rd base than Crede.

Yah. But he's good with the bat. Can go the other way. He's no where near Iguchi, but better than the rest at that spot

QUOTE(JimH @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 01:38 AM)
The Boras client, the SS that I thought the Cardinals drafted, you mentioned the name a few pages back.  I thought it was Khalil Greene, no?

Khalil is on the Padres. Tyler Greene (or Green) was a SS from Ga Tech who got drafted by the Cardinals late in the first round this year.

Yup.

WTF was I thinking, I just looked it up, Tyler Greene and yeah, Khalil is the San Diego guy.

Khalil is a good ballplayer, he plays a good SS.

QUOTE(JimH @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 01:41 AM)
Yup.

WTF was I thinking, I just looked it up, Tyler Greene and yeah, Khalil is the San Diego guy.

Khalil is a good ballplayer, he plays a good SS.

He'll never be the ball player he has the potential to be playing in that park.