WSoxMatt

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 01:41 AM)
Yup.

WTF was I thinking, I just looked it up, Tyler Greene and yeah, Khalil is the San Diego guy.

Khalil is a good ballplayer, he plays a good SS.

So, Jim...

a.) Does the draft order go by regular season record or post-season? I thought it was the former.

and...

b.) When are ya gonna start backing me up in the Sports Bar at BHZ? :D :P

So, Jim...

a.) Does the draft order go by regular season record or post-season?  I thought it was the former.

and...

b.) When are ya gonna start backing me up in the Sports Bar at BHZ?  :D  :P

Keith, it's the former, you are correct.

I stay the hell away from the Sports Bar at BHZ. I went in there once in the middle of some Sox-Cubs argument. It wasn't pretty. I talk Blackhawks over there and that's about it, and actually I read over there mostly. I have met several of the people from there ... and you know what Keith, most of the die hard Cub fans wo post on BHZ don't know one hell of a lot about hockey either! Go figure.

QUOTE(JimH @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 01:51 AM)
Keith, it's the former, you are correct.

I stay the hell away from the Sports Bar at BHZ.  I went in there once in the middle of some Sox-Cubs argument.  It wasn't pretty.  I talk Blackhawks over there and that's about it, and actually I read over there mostly.  I have met several of the people from there ... and you know what Keith, most of the die hard Cub fans wo post on BHZ don't know one hell of a lot about hockey either!  Go figure.

I really shouldn't get involved, but some of the guys who post there are... well, you know exactly what they are.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 07:51 PM)
Duque has to be around the 95 pitch mark.  I'd like to see Cotts come in for the 7th, and hopefully continue his stellar relief.

speaking of cotts....when was the last time he pitched? he should pitch more than damaso in my opinion.

QUOTE(JimH @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 01:53 AM)
That should definitely be it for El Duque.  He did his job, get the bullpen in there.  I agree on Cotts for two innings.

I'd try to get away with Cotts for one, so he's available if needed for the rest of the series.

I really shouldn't get involved, but some of the guys who post there are...  well, you know exactly what they are.

s*** stirrers.

You are too smart for that part of BHZ, Keith. You're better off just ignoring that whole section, it's nuts.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't like giving up a run/out in a 4 run game?  Am I wrong?

Nobody ever wants to give up a run or an out. This team errs on the side of aggresiveness though, so unfortunately s*** like that will happen.

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 01:55 AM)
trying to get an RBI for pablo...wtf worst excuse ever by DJ there trying to defend cora

No kidding. Cora might have been an excellent 3rd base coach last year, but he's really not had a very good season at 3rd base. Now Tim Raines, on the other hand, has been superb at 1st base. :P

QUOTE(JimH @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 01:56 AM)
Nobody ever wants to give up a run or an out.  This team errs on the side of aggresiveness though, so unfortunately s*** like that will happen.

I agree with the aggressive part, but that was just ridiculous by Cora. If there was one out, then maybe you send him. Not only that, but Guiel has a great outfield arm. If you notice the replay, Widger had to wait at 2nd to see if that ball was caught.