Royals @ White Sox 9/6/2005

WSoxMatt

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 08:56 PM)
Is it just me or has DJ and Hawk's homerism been out of control lately?

No, you're not imagining it. I like 'em but it's starting to get annoying.

No matter how bad Cora is, Ozzie will never, I repeat, never criticize him, let alone get rid of him. Remember how during the playoffs when fans were booing Cora (who completely sucked during those games), Ozzie ripped us Sox fans a new one?

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 08:05 PM)
And now we have ourselves a close ball game.  I really hope I'm not the only one livid right now.

fathom you should know "ozzie's going to get the most he can from his starters," hes not gonna change. Sure hes made a lot of games closer than they should this season with the s*** he pulls but at least we win.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 08:05 PM)
And now we have ourselves a close ball game.  I really hope I'm not the only one livid right now.

Neal coulda come in and done that. Duque only gave up 1 run. Nothing wrong with staying out for those two batters.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 02:09 AM)
fathom you should know "ozzie's going to get the most he can from his starters," hes not gonna change. Sure hes made a lot of games closer than they should this season with the s*** he pulls but at least we win.

He gave the Royals the best possible chance to comeback in this game by leaving Duque in to start the 7th. And now Sweeney is the go-ahead run at the dish. Does Ozzie not know that Cotts dominates righties? Of course, we'd have at least another run on the scoreboard if not for one of the worst 3rd base coaching decisions I've seen this year. Come on Viz, keep the ball down!

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 02:10 AM)
Neal coulda come in and done that. Duque only gave up 1 run. Nothing wrong with staying out for those two batters.

You have Teahan, someone who had seen a lot of pitches from Duque on the night. Duque also has shown recently that once he gets around the 90 pitch mark, he totally loses it. Even DJ was saying that Duque shouldn't have been out there. I agree though, you never know what Cotts would have done in that situation.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 08:10 PM)
He gave the Royals the best possible chance to comeback in this game by leaving Duque in to start the 7th.  And now Sweeney is the go-ahead run at the dish.  Does Ozzie not know that Cotts dominates righties?  Of course, we'd have at least another run on the scoreboard if not for one of the worst 3rd base coaching decisions I've seen this year.  Come on Viz, keep the ball down!

I agree with you 100% but what you gonna do.