Allergies

aboz56

Maybe it just seems a bit early for this to me, but the past few days my allergies have just been absolutely killing me.

Anyone else having their allergies flare up in the past week or so? I know I live about 5 hrs south so it could be something in the air down here.... :P

Seems like every year when it gets to be Sept or Oct I go through about a week or so where I just feel like absolute s*** from allergies.

I blame my sister. Mine didn't show up until after she mentioned hers. Mine started mid August and usually go until the first time the temp dips to 32F.

I have tried a couple things, but I hate the drug haze/sleepiness I get from them (even from the stuff listed as non-drowsy). The only stuff I can take and feel reasonably aware is Advil Allergy and Sinus (or a generic form of that).

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 11:25 AM)
I've been using Claritin, but now I am on Day 4 of....Sore Throat, Cough, Stopped up Nose and Head....Ugh.

I tried Claritin (doctor I saw a couple years ago from some complications from the allergies) and it didn't do a damned thing for me. Brian's mom swears by that stuff though. My sister said it didn't work at all for her either (she is taking the over the counter stuff this year).

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 11:12 AM)
Maybe it just seems a bit early for this to me, but the past few days my allergies have just been absolutely killing me.

Anyone else having their allergies flare up in the past week or so?  I know I live about 5 hrs south so it could be something in the air down here.... :P

Seems like every year when it gets to be Sept or Oct I go through about a week or so where I just feel like absolute s*** from allergies.

I've never had any issues, but Jim's been sneezing a lot more than usual lately and had a sore throat last week.

I had allergies worse than anyone I know, up until last year. My eyes were dry and would itch and swell, the roof of my mouth near the back would itch, my ears would be plugged up, I'd break out in hives sometimes. I tried like 3 different meds, they all made me weak and sleepy, so I'd stop them.

Suddenly, I just don't seem to get them any more. Whenever I do, it's very mild.

alert ALLERGY SUFFERERS!!! Don't move to Austin. Allergy capital of the country. My poor fiancee is in her lull for the year...two weeks between the summer allergies and ragweed. There is no freeze (usually) here so it just keeps coming and coming. And now, I have Cedar fever from the juniper spores. FANTASTIC. Although that doesn't happen until December.

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 12:30 PM)
alert ALLERGY SUFFERERS!!!  Don't move to Austin.  Allergy capital of the country.  My poor fiancee is in her lull for the year...two weeks between the summer allergies and ragweed.  There is no freeze (usually) here so it just keeps coming and coming.  And now, I have Cedar fever from the juniper spores.  FANTASTIC.  Although that doesn't happen until December.

But you have 6th Street, Austin City Limits, hill country, UT, shall I go on? Lucky dog.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 05:30 PM)
alert ALLERGY SUFFERERS!!!  Don't move to Austin.  Allergy capital of the country.  My poor fiancee is in her lull for the year...two weeks between the summer allergies and ragweed.  There is no freeze (usually) here so it just keeps coming and coming.  And now, I have Cedar fever from the juniper spores.  FANTASTIC.  Although that doesn't happen until December.

No kidding. Dallas is horrible for allergies, too. I am on Zyrtec permanently now. If I don't take it, I get terrible sinus headaches.