Weekend rotation

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(HeGone! @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 03:10 PM)
Barring a great outing tonight for El Duque, shouldn't McCarthy get the experience and pitch Sunday?

Personally I actually like the idea of a 6 man rotation for the next few weeks...the rest wouldn't hurt the other guys, and the experience wouldn't hurt BMac.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 04:33 PM)
we're seeing the best the angels have, that's for sure. And I'm grateful for that since I think we're going to see them in the first round, imho. Good to get a look at their best rotation. Especially Lackey -- he's been awesome since the break. They need all the looks they can get at this guy.

I have trouble figuring out how we'll face them in the first round...I see 2 possibilities, but I think neither one is likely.

Right now the Yankees have a worse record than them...if the Yankees passed them, we'd still play the Yankees because Boston coudln't play New York.

If Oakland were to pass the Yankees, we'd have Oakland in the first round.

If Cleveland passed the Yankees...Ok, we'd have the Angels in round 1. If Oakland passed the A's and the A's still won the WC, we'd also have the A's in round 1.

I see us playing NY in round 1 as the most likely scenario right now...Oakland is probably going to fall off the pace now that Crosby is hurt again...and Cleveland has been falling back a bit lately.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 04:51 PM)
I have trouble figuring out how we'll face them in the first round...I see 2 possibilities, but I think neither one is likely.

Right now the Yankees have a worse record than them...if the Yankees passed them, we'd still play the Yankees because Boston coudln't play New York.

If Oakland were to pass the Yankees, we'd have Oakland in the first round.

If Cleveland passed the Yankees...Ok, we'd have the Angels in round 1.  If Oakland passed the A's and the A's still won the WC, we'd also have the A's in round 1.

I see us playing NY in round 1 as the most likely scenario right now...Oakland is probably going to fall off the pace now that Crosby is hurt again...and Cleveland has been falling back a bit lately.

I think Cleveland has the easiest schedule in the WC chase and the Angels are my pick to win the west. I think the Yankees are going to win the east in the last series of the year, the Red Sox returning to their passion for choking and giving their entire pathetic nation reason to once again celebrate their culture of losing. Gee, I hope we see another one of those exciting HBO docs with that hunky ben affleck... :puke

Edited by The Ginger Kid

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 07:00 PM)
I think Cleveland has the easiest schedule in the WC chase and the Angels are my pick to win the west. I think the Yankees are going to win the east in the last series of the year, the Red Sox returning to their passion for choking and giving their entire pathetic nation reason to once again celebrate their culture of losing. Gee, I hope we see another one of those exciting HBO docs with that hunky ben affleck... :puke

I'm going for the Yankees to win the East, I'd rather play the Red Sox than the Yankees in the post season.