Congrats to AJ Pierzynski

White Sox Josh

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Reddy @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 06:33 PM)
please no one try to refute this.  no need to start another conflict.

whats there to refute?

whats fact is fact

and that

White Sox team ERA 3.57 (best in AL)

Red Sox team ERA 4.81 (4th worst in AL)

my friend........................................is fact!!!

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 06:38 PM)
Isn't baseball weird? Two years ago I despised this guy as much as any player in the league. Stick a Sox jersey on him and I'm one of his biggest fans.

What if Saddam wore a Thomas jersey to his first day of trial?   :huh

Id give him a bag of Doritos and ask him to kindly remove it. Then proceed to hand him a Wood jersey :D

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 11:18 PM)
Pretty much, I am tired of hearing about the RED SOX on a WHITE SOX forum and I think a lot of other people are too.  So I basically gave my opinion.

Other than that, congrats AJ as I said before.

I think you too often come after me as if im trying to relate something to the Red Sox. Some times I do, for instance in this case I think Jason Varitek is the superior catcher without a doubt in my mind, but he could be a Yankee and I'd still have that opinion of him.

QUOTE(kman @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 07:32 PM)
laparka nice, im surprised any1 knew him on here. :headbang

Heck yeah. WCW had the best cruiserweight division ever with him and Pyschosis and Juvi and Rey, etc.

BTW, Congrats to AJ. Now his little girl could see him help his team win the WS.

Edited by nitetrain8601

I hate to add fuel to the fire here, but...

The closest general stat there probably is when considering a catcher's calling ability is his CERA...and even that can be a horrible stat to use. Jamie Burke's CERA was in the mid 3's last year, while Ben Davis's was in the mid 4's-5's. That doesn't mean Burke is that much better of a game-caller, it means Burke was catching Mark Buehrle, while Davis was catching everyone else.

The White Sox pitching staff is probably more talented than the Red Sox pitching staff, and is probably better up and down...but you're going to have a hard time convincing me that a starting catcher with a 5.05 CERA and a career 4.14 CERA(having caught the likes of Pedro for however many years, along with Lowe in his great year, and probably others who are not coming to mind right now) is a better game caller than a starting catcher with a 3.73 CERA and a career 4.17 CERA, constantly catching young pitchers and slightly above average pitchers. At the very worst, I'd say they are about the same, but I personally feel AJP is the better game caller...I've felt that all along, but I just thought he was an assclown when he was with Minnesota.

Anyways, congrats AJ on the baby. :cheers

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 12:34 AM)
I hate to add fuel to the fire here, but...

The closest general stat there probably is when considering a catcher's calling ability is his CERA...and even that can be a horrible stat to use.  Jamie Burke's CERA was in the mid 3's last year, while Ben Davis's was in the mid 4's-5's.  That doesn't mean Burke is that much better of a game-caller, it means Burke was catching Mark Buehrle, while Davis was catching everyone else.

The White Sox pitching staff is probably more talented than the Red Sox pitching staff, and is probably better up and down...but you're going to have a hard time convincing me that a starting catcher with a 5.05 CERA and a career 4.14 CERA(having caught the likes of Pedro for however many years, along with Lowe in his great year, and probably others who are not coming to mind right now) is a better game caller than a starting catcher with a 3.73 CERA and a career 4.17 CERA, constantly catching young pitchers and slightly above average pitchers.  At the very worst, I'd say they are about the same, but I personally feel AJP is the better game caller...I've felt that all along, but I just thought he was an assclown when he was with Minnesota.

Anyways, congrats AJ on the baby.  :cheers

It seems like the CERA would be of better use if taken against the pitchers ERA. Say AJ's CERA with MB is 2.57 (hypothetically) and since MB's ERA is 3, you could say that AJ's CERA total is .43, or a .43 effect on the ERA.

Hypothetically, of course.

:drink

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 06:18 PM)
Pretty much, I am tired of hearing about the RED SOX on a WHITE SOX forum and I think a lot of other people are too.  So I basically gave my opinion.

Other than that, congrats AJ as I said before.

I'm with you on this one. I have no problem with being a fan of both teams, but remember this is a White Sox board. Besides, the love affair with the Red Sox is vomitous! :puke

QUOTE(kman @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 09:32 PM)
laparka nice, im surprised any1 knew him on here. :headbang

That's from the PPV where they had the cruiserweight battle royal and Malenko came out in the end and won it.

Same one where Jericho made all of the funny ass introductions of everyone.