Magglio Ordonez

kevin57

When he's all alone on the road in the middle of the night, which of the following runs through MG's mind?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. When he's all alone on the road in the middle of the night, which of the following runs through MG's mind?

• Screw the White Sox and a pox on all their children.
    • Ozzie Guillen is nothing but a Venezulean @*#!
    • "Father, forgive me, for I really screwed up that move."

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 08:53 PM)
He is having a good season and his knee hasnt been a problem.  I heard that recently he wishes the sox good luck on their post-season run but I dont think he has any regrets.

I can't believe people still boo Maggs, he wishes us good luck and they still boo him after playing his ass off for 6 years. Especially after Maggs said Chicago is still his home. I think most of the fans that boo him do it just because he left and think its the right thing to do.

QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 09:53 PM)
where's the:

Who cares about magglio? option

my sentiments exactly. Why is Magglio even topic worthy anymore???

Is there an echo in here??

HELLO................

Edited by the People's Champ

I'm upset Mags is gone, only cause I loved his talent as a player, but can you imagine if he did resign in the neighborhood of 10-12 million.

That means no Dye(obviously) but more importantly,possibly no AJ, no Gooch, no El Duque, no Hermie and who knows if the Lee-Pods deal would have went down. I wish Mags the best for his career, its just unfortunate the Sox will always be better than Detroit.

What I couldn't get over the weekend were the people booing Magglio every time he came up. I understood when he first came back, and it was expected. But winning is the best medicine. The Sox have gotten great production from Dye, & are likely bound for postseason play. Booing Mags at this point in time is pointless. I'm pretty sure he's enjoying his 15 million, but I'm sure the Sox are enjoying the extra 23 wins they have from individuals like Pods, Duque, AJ, Dye, & Iguchi that were bought for the same 15 million.

Booing Mags at this point in the season shows pettiness IMHO. It's over, and it's time to move on.

Edited by ChiSoxFan

QUOTE(ChiSoxFan @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 09:11 PM)
What I couldn't get over the weekend were the people booing Magglio every time he came up.  I understood when he first came back, and it was expected.  But winning is the best medicine.  The Sox have gotten great production from Dye, & are likely bound for postseason play.  Booing Mags at this point in time is pointless.  I'm pretty sure he's enjoying his 15 million, but I'm sure the Sox are enjoying the extra 23 wins they have from individuals like Pods, Duque, AJ, Dye, & Iguchi that were bought for the same 15 million. 

Booing Mags at this point in the season shows pettiness IMHO.  It's over, and it's time to move on.

Exactly, everyone is happy right now because if Maggs wouldn't have left we probably wouldn't be this good. Although, as a big fan of his I was sad to see him go.

QUOTE(kevin57 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 03:21 AM)
When posting this poll, I didn't know that Maggs was booed during the recent series vs. Detroit.  I'm sad to hear that.  Not classy at all.

I do think Maggs made a strategic mistake, but I wish him the best.  The poll is meant mostly for fun.

and this poll is classy?

Magglio said at his press conference that the Tigers were the best team in the division. Craig Monroe agrees, Dmitri Young said the division would come down to the Tigers and Indians, and Ivan Rodriguez said that the Tigers would be the team to talk about during the second half.

.....and they were all right.

:rolly

I'm gonna take the other side on this issue...I see where everyone's coming from...but just got kicks and giggles.

Magglio reportedly turned down an offer of 4 years, $60 mill from the Sox during ST, or somewhere around that time period...a move that ensures him being a top paid OFer, along with financial security for the rest of his life.

He then f***s up his knee, essentially ending his season. He came back for a brief stint, played so-so, and then was gone for the season.

He then, while still under contract with the Chicago White Sox, has a controversial, if you will, surgery in Vienna to help try and fix his knee. IIRC, this move was never authorized by the White Sox.

He then collectively slapped every White Sox fan in America, pretty much, by firing his agent and signing Scott Boras. Boras, as we all know, is a very good agent to get big money, but he is also an asshole and is a person that most see from an antagonistical point of view. Essentially declaring to the world that he was leaving Chicago is prety hard to deal with.

I can't remember everything that happened exactly, but I seem to recall him talking about the Sox in a bad light, thus stirring up the fans. He then signs with one of the Sox division rivals in the Tigers, a move viewed by a lot of fans as another slap in the face.

I can see why they booed him...I personally don't like the guy anymore, especially with that Tigers uniform on...it disgusts me. I wouldn't boo him though, because that's just not in my nature. To know that one of our own bailed on us, and went for the cash instead of winning, hurts...a lot. I view him as a bit of a traitor, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Maggs turned down a larger contract with a now winning team. Anyone who thinks he doesn't atleast second-guess, not necessarily regret, his decision must think that Maggs lacks a competitive nature.

As far as the fans booing him, he deserved it. The shade and lies that spilled out of he and Boras's mouths were ridiculous, the most shady being his refusal to share his medical records with the White Sox prior to the arbitration deadline. That was nothing more than a big "f*** you" to the Sox and their fans...well, f*** you too Maggs.

He played his heart out while here. A fan favorite. I know whenever I visited former employers, I never expected to here boos, I wonder why in sports it is so different?

Vienna seems like a good call for the surgery. I know if I had the resources to go anywhere in the world, I wouldn't stop at surgeons in the US.

The team would not have the choice on where he has surgery. This is America and people do have controls over their bodies. Since everyone agreed he could not play for the remainder of the contract, why would the Sox want any input? If it works great, they potentially would have been helping an opponent, if it fails, would he have grounds for suing since they recommended a guy who ended Maggs career?

So many players have come through here that did not live up to expectations. We had Maggs when he was getting paid less than other players for the same stats. Remember Frank moving out of the #3 spot for Maggs? Far better than the guys we paid free agent dollars to and didn't live up to expectations. The Tigers are basically paying for all the RBIs, HRs, and average he hit with us. BTW, do the Sox have a player with a .300 average?

With the White Sox payroll, we will have more guys like Maggs who become All-Stars here, while getting paid below market, and then getting their big dollars down the road. I'm not going to waste negative energy on them.