Shingo

WSoxMatt

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 11:00 PM)
Shingo has been called up by the Mets and as pitched 2.1 scoreless innings so far, although he has been credited with a blown save, in the 7th inning.  ANyway Good Luck to Shingo, he never made excuses, only blamed himself, a ture professional!!!

Blew another Save today. Sayonara Shingo ;)

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 10:28 PM)
I'm still pissed we got rid of Shingo for Jenks.  No way Shingo would have allowed 3 runs at Boston yesterday.

I love this post more than anything. You some how managed to piss off and confuse numerous people with quite possibly the most sarcastic post you've ever produced. Congrats.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 04:34 PM)
the paper said that Looper blew the save.  Im confused.  Really confused now.

Looper did blow the save, then he took the loss. He had a 2-1 lead in the ninth that he blew, then in the 10th he had the bases loaded when they brought Shingo in. The score then was 3-2 Mets. He was responsable for the runners on second and third, so after the mets lost Looper took the loss and shingo had the second blown save.

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 05:45 PM)
Looper did blow the save, then he took the loss. He had a 2-1 lead in the ninth that he blew, then in the 10th he had the bases loaded when they brought Shingo in. The score then was 3-2 Mets. He was responsable for the runners on second and third, so after the mets lost Looper took the loss and shingo had the second blown save.

Yeah, ^what he said. I saw it on ESPNNEWS this morning.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 03:28 AM)
I'm still pissed we got rid of Shingo for Jenks.  No way Shingo would have allowed 3 runs at Boston yesterday.

Please fathom don't let one game cloud your thinking. Shingo sucked many many times this year. I did hope though that he might stay in Charlotte and try to work out his pitchinbg problems, but I am happy he caught on with the Mets. Of course at this writing he blew another game for the Mets.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 07:02 PM)
Please fathom don't let one game cloud your thinking. Shingo sucked many many times this year. I did hope though that he might stay in Charlotte and try to work out his pitchinbg problems, but I am happy he caught on with the Mets. Of course at this writing he blew another game for the Mets.

:banghead :banghead :banghead

Add another to the list.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 06:02 PM)

:lol: :lol: :chair

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 10:28 PM)

Dude, what the hell is wrong with you? Jenks is like 3 times the pitcher Shingo is.

What can I say, I just wanted to get in on the fun :P

I feel terrible for Shingo.

This has got to be killing him.

He was a complete class act when he was with the Sox, and he was my favorite Sox player in 2004.

I really hope he can somehow turn it around. Like others on the board have suggested, I think his problems are centered around getting ahead of hitters. If he puts himself into hitter's counts, he's going to get slapped around. If he gets ahead of guys, he can get them guessing about what's coming next. He's a guy who NEEDS to be ahead in the count.

GOOD LUCK SHINGO!!!!