2006 rotation

GreatScott82

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 09:30 AM)
Not that I want to think about next year right now (with the year we are having) but our 5 starting pitchers are signed at least through the 2006 season. and IMO Bmac is an upgrade over El-duque. Is it possible that El-duque can move into the bullpen? And he can spot start when we need him during the rest of the year? Because right now Contreras IMO is finally turning into the pitcher we all thought he could be, Garcia is damn good, Buerhle is Mr. Reliable, Garland broke out of his mediocracy and BMac is the next big thing. So why not put El-duque in the pen. He can be pretty damn effective in there for us.

2006 Starting Rotation:

Buerhle

Garcia

Garland

Contreras

McCarthy

Bullpen:

Jenks, Cotts, Pollite, Vizciano, Hermanson, El-duque and a lefty replacement for Marte.

Thoughts?

But next year is next year- lets do some major post season damage this year baby!!!!

A few things:

Not that I want to think about next year right now (with the year we are having)

...then don't create the thread. We don't want to think about next year either.

and IMO Bmac is an upgrade over El-duque.

...yes, it would appear McCarthy is an improvement. He is ready for the show...no sense in holding him back.

Buerhle is Mr. Reliable

Really?

and a lefty replacement for Marte.

...Marte oughta pack his bags now. His ass is as good as gone.

FWIW, I think Contreras will be dealt this off-season. A) He has a nasty contract B ) He will net FAR more in value via trade. El Duque offers nothing via trade.

Now, just sit back, relax, and enjoy 2005.

Please. I'm begging you.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 11:34 AM)
If anyone from Texas is available it is Texiera, as they have Adrian Gonzalez waiting in the wings.  They have tried to trade their power hitters for pitching in the past, and I could really see a Marte/Contreras for Texiera deal being something that could happen.

Would Texas have to include a gun and a bag with a $ on it in that deal?

Goodness gracious. That would be the steal of the decade.

Texiera is only the fifth player in the history of baseball to his 100HR in his first 3 years.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 05:34 PM)
If anyone from Texas is available it is Texiera, as they have Adrian Gonzalez waiting in the wings.  They have tried to trade their power hitters for pitching in the past, and I could really see a Marte/Contreras for Texiera deal being something that could happen.

Doesn't Texiera play 1B? So if we do that- that means bye bye Pauly?

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 12:37 PM)
Doesn't Texiera play 1B? So if we do that- that means bye bye Pauly?

Unless we make it to the World Series, I don't see us getting back Paul Konerko. If we haven't signed him by now, that usually means something with this team. But I also see KW doing something big to replace him and not sticking us with Ross Gload at first base.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 12:34 PM)

Mark Teixeira on the other hand is a Boras client and will be going into arbitration after this season. He made $2.5M in '05 and hit .289 36HR, 144 RBI thus far this season. With Boras at the helm Tex is looking at a payday.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 12:34 PM)

Not to be utterly obvious, but not many teams would trade a player that gets to 100 hr's in his first three seasons. I believe A-rod and Pujols were the last two to do that. Tex is a perennial star player, and moving him just because there is a prospect "waiting" is just the way that a team turns into a joke.

Nope. His agent is Eric Goldschmidt. And he's currently in the 2nd year of a very cheap 5 year $15.25M deal.

My mistake.

Begs the question though, why would Texas trade him? They wouldn't, not even for a bundle of pitching. He is extremely popular down there.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 12:37 PM)
Would Texas have to include a gun and a bag with a $ on it in that deal?

Goodness gracious.  That would be the steal of the decade.

Texiera is only the fifth player in the history of baseball to his 100HR in his first 3 years.

sorry Add, I didnt mean to repeat your comments, I didnt see your post.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 12:52 PM)
Not to be utterly obvious, but not many teams would trade a player that gets to 100 hr's in his first three seasons.  I believe A-rod and Pujols were the last two to do that.  Tex is a perennial star player, and moving him just because there is a prospect "waiting"  is just the way that a team turns into a joke.

Rock what game at Camp Randall is that? Is it back from the Rose Bowl days in 2000?

QUOTE(JimH @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 12:53 PM)
My mistake.

Begs the question though, why would Texas trade him?  They wouldn't, not even for a bundle of pitching.  He is extremely popular down there.

They have been trying to trade hitting for pitching for a couple of years now, they just haven't been able to find anyone to dance with them. I think playing in the AL West they know they need some pitching if they ever want to win anything out there, as they haven't gotten anywhere having an incredible offense for years.

QUOTE(KWs OK for Me @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 12:54 PM)
Rock what game at Camp Randall is that? Is it back from the Rose Bowl days in 2000?

NOT camp Randall, it is a much superior stadium....I will give you a hint, it is shaped like a horseshoe...

edit, sorry that pic was WAYYYY too big,

http://www.slagshouseofstats.com/OSU%20Foo...ftGame22Min.jpg

linky.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 12:52 PM)
Not to be utterly obvious, but not many teams would trade a player that gets to 100 hr's in his first three seasons.  I believe A-rod and Pujols were the last two to do that.  Tex is a perennial star player, and moving him just because there is a prospect "waiting"  is just the way that a team turns into a joke.

Pujols was the last to do it and before him, I don't remember who but it was from the 50's. A-Rod had 142 ABs in '95 which counts as a full season and he only hit 5 HRs that year, so he's not on the list. Only 5 players have accomplished this feat IIRC.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 12:57 PM)
NOT camp Randall, it is a much superior stadium....I will give you a hint, it is shaped like a horseshoe....

Superior? I was going to say the only time since I've been at Wisconsin that they have stormed the field was when we beat the then un-defeated "Superior" Buck Eyes, but that was a night game and one I'm sure Ohio State fans try to forget

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 12:58 PM)
Pujols was the last to do it and before him, I don't remember who but it was from the 50's. A-Rod had 142 ABs in '95 which counts as a full season and he only hit 5 HRs that year, so he's not on the list. Only 5 players have accomplished this feat IIRC.

ah, there you go. Which, if I am not retarded, that he is a player that doesnt come around very often. I wouldnt trade him for any pitcher. Trade your prospect, trade your other players, but not Tex, he is a stud.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 12:59 PM)
ah, there you go.  Which, if I am not retarded, that he is a player that doesnt come around very often.  I wouldnt trade him for any pitcher.  Trade your prospect, trade your other players, but not Tex, he is a stud.

Plus he's a switch hitter and plays damn good defense at 1B. He's going to make some money this offseason but that doesn't mean they'll dump him.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 11:53 AM)
sorry Add, I didnt mean to repeat your comments, I didnt see your post.

No problem.

If Kenny could sell Texas on a Contreras-Marte-whomever else package for Tex, he oughta be enshrined in Cooperstown. Tex has the potential to be one of the best power-production hitters of this generation...you don't exactly trade that away. I don't care if you have Roger Maris in your farm system.

At some point...Texas is going to have to try to dump a bat in exchange for pitching if they want to make a run at that division. They have an enormous number of very good bats, and everyone in need of a bat talks to them at the trading deadline.

They just never pull the trigger. I'm starting to wonder if there's some element of Cinci syndrome in there...the owner/GM wants to win, but more so the owner/GM doesn't want to be the guy who traded away a fan favorite for a potentially unknown quantity in a pitcher.