Would You Ban this Poster?

LVSoxFan

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 12:11 PM)
Steff - I didn't think he was washing dirty laundry just asking if he/she was out of bounds with the post.  Posts after it, I can not speak for them.

Semantics. I wouldn't question Jason and Co's rules at another board.

QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 12:11 PM)
History....

They usually have a reason. IMO as well.

If they started banning posters here for having a history of negativity associated with their chosen ball club, it would thin the place out a lot. And that would be unfortunate, because right now I know that however badly I take a Sox loss I can just jump on here and see somebody with their head in the oven taking it worse. Makes me feel downright sane (well, saner at least).

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 11:10 AM)
They do things different there. It's their gig. So be it. Sorry that happened - but I don't agree with washing your dirty laundry here.

No offense to you at all, and I'm sure you'll like it here.

I wasn't trying to wash dirty laundry, I was trying to get perspective from Sox fans at the one other place I know, and where I've lurked.

Also: I never mentioned the site by name. Merely "another Sox site."

I've gotten enough feedback here and from others; I feel no remorse for what I posted.

As for those who've posted IMO it was a history of this with me, two things:

1) When the team is sucking, the team is sucking. I certainly am not the only poster pointing this out. Posting problems can be tiresome if you don't post solutions, which is exactly what I did.

2) What are we supposed to post during dark periods like that? We go there to commiserate with other Sox fans.

3) A warning would have been nice, after a year participating there.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 12:16 PM)
If they started banning posters here for having a history of negativity associated with their chosen ball club, it would thin the place out a lot.  And that would be unfortunate, because right now I know that however badly I take a Sox loss I can just jump on here and see somebody with their head in the oven taking it worse. Makes me feel downright sane (well, saner at least).

I don't think I insinuated that's what they do.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 12:18 PM)
I wasn't trying to wash dirty laundry, I was trying to get perspective from Sox fans at the one other place I know, and where I've lurked.

Also: I never mentioned the site by name.  Merely "another Sox site."

I've gotten enough feedback here and from others; I feel no remorse for what I posted.

As for those who've posted IMO it was a history of this with me, two things:

1) When the team is sucking, the team is sucking.  I certainly am not the only poster pointing this out.  Posting problems can be tiresome if you don't post solutions, which is exactly what I did.

2) What are we supposed to post during dark periods like that?  We go there to commiserate with other Sox fans.

3) A warning would have been nice, after a year participating there.

Soxtalk is generally a great place. They are professional and most of the people here are great. The fews bad apples don't spoil the bunch.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 12:18 PM)
How about those White Sox?  :headbang

Some people debate of the semantics of this board way too much don't they. I thought we were all here to talk about the White Sox and because Soxtalk is the best place to do it.

Edited by Greg The Bull Luzinski

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 11:16 AM)
If they started banning posters here for having a history of negativity associated with their chosen ball club, it would thin the place out a lot.  And that would be unfortunate, because right now I know that however badly I take a Sox loss I can just jump on here and see somebody with their head in the oven taking it worse. Makes me feel downright sane®.

We haven't won a World Series title in over 80 years--there's reason in itself to question this team down the stretch or in a possible playoff series. I realize posters are often annoyed by constant negativity, but its the nature of baseball fans.

I'm content with watching their moderators run that place into the ground. They're too proud to admit mistakes, and too proud to backtrack on their rules.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 12:21 PM)
Some people debate of the semantics of this board way too much don't they.  I thought we were all here to talk about the White Sox and because Soxtalk is the best place to do it.

If you don't like the topic, maybe leave the thread.

;)

QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 12:19 PM)
I don't think I insinuated that's what they do.

It seems you did in the current case, if LV's "History...." amounts to nothing more than the sort of sentiments in the example post. It cartainly can get tiresome to see the same negativity at times (often from the same solks), but the "other site's" decision to ban based on some doomsaying at the end of a month we all wanted to forget is treating dandruff by decapitation. Give the rest of the board community enough credit that they can decide for themselves to ignore the psosts from specific posters they disagree with.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 12:26 PM)
It seems you did in the current case, if LV's "History...." amounts to nothing more than the sort of sentiments in the example post.  It cartainly can get tiresome to see the same negativity at times (often from the same solks), but the "other site's" decision to ban based on some doomsaying at the end of a month we all wanted to forget is treating dandruff by decapitation.  Give the rest of the board community enough credit that they can decide for themselves to ignore the psosts from specific posters they disagree with.

Did you not attempt to compare them banning someone with posters here being banned for their past actions...?

Over there, I assume from observation, they keep track of posters they feel are, or might be issues, here... that doesn't happen. I did not mean to insinuate that they wake up one day and start banning people, which is what would be the case if someone got banned from here.