billy joel and elton john

baggio202

i know for alot of you is not your genre..but for us over 40 crowd :P it was a pretty good concert...yes we are getting old..billy joel , on his birthday today , announced that this was it for him...said while cant ever say never,,he was getting long in the tooth and feeling itg was time to call it quits...i maybe got to see his last concert sinnce this was the last stop on their tour...

elton played first..then billy..then they came out together and took turns playing each others songs...at the end both bands were playing together and they were rocking out pretty good...it was amuch better concert than i expected...for a couple of old farts they can still bring it :headbang

i know for alot of you  is not your genre..but for us over 40 crowd :P it was a pretty good concert...yes we are getting old..billy joel , on his birthday today , announced that this was it for him...said while cant ever say never,,he was getting long in the tooth and feeling itg was time to call it quits...i maybe got to see his last concert sinnce this was the last stop on their tour...

elton played first..then billy..then they came out together and took turns playing each others songs...at the end both bands were playing together and they were rocking out pretty good...it was amuch better concert than i expected...for a couple of old farts they can still bring it :headbang

There's an awful lot of talent there. I'm sure it was an enjoyable concert. There were too many great songs recorded buy each of those guys for it not be.

i know for alot of you  is not your genre..but for us over 40 crowd :P it was a pretty good concert...yes we are getting old..billy joel , on his birthday today , announced that this was it for him...said while cant ever say never,,he was getting long in the tooth and feeling itg was time to call it quits...i maybe got to see his last concert sinnce this was the last stop on their tour...

There's an awful lot of talent there. I'm sure it was an enjoyable concert. There were too many great songs recorded buy each of those guys for it not be.

billy joel did something cool..he said since he could play all his siongs he'd let the audience decide..so he gave out 3 songs and they played the one the got the most cheers...he's pretty cool...really works the crowd

billy joel did something cool..he said since he could play all his siongs he'd let the audience decide..so he gave out 3 songs and they played the one the got the most cheers...he's pretty cool...really works the crowd

Though I never saw either one of them in concert, I'm sure they know how to work a crowd.

Hope he knows how to work the shuffleboard game at the home!!

:P

Although he's not really my cup of tea, I have seen him perform once ( the things we do.... :huh: )

and he was okay.

I think I'd stick my head in the oven before I'd see Elton John perform, though...not for me AT ALL :nono

All three of you... BITE ME!  :headbang

:lol:

Just trying to save you the torture that is a Jimmy Buffet Concert. Imagine Wrigley Field with the fans singing stupid ass songs throughout the game..... not just the 7th Inning Stretch. You now have a Jimmy Buffet Concert. They're not there for the music, they're there because that's what they were told the cool 25 y/o + people will be hanging out.

Just trying to save you the torture that is a Jimmy Buffet Concert. Imagine Wrigley Field with the fans singing stupid ass songs throughout the game..... not just the 7th Inning Stretch. You now have a Jimmy Buffet Concert. They're not there for the music, they're there because that's what they were told the cool 25 y/o + people will be hanging out.

To each his own CK.... I happen to like Buffett. And I don't give a damn what anyone thinks about it.

Guest hotsoxchick1

baggs you suck.. i would have loved to see elton john in concert.... (only have once in my life before)..... and i have seen paul play as well... love that guy...........and yes yas... last year at tweeter center i saw your hero buffet along with the sea of parrot heads..........gotta love my miller guy he gets all the good tickets...... ;)

Killa, that is the absolute BEST description of the Buffett Experience that I have ever heard. My wife went to his show once, and she told me that people were pissing and f***ing along the back wall of the Tweeter Center ( the World Music Theatre at that time ), right there in their Hawaiian Shirts, s***-faced drunk out of their minds. Now, these are not drug-addled young'uns at OzzFest doing this, no no NO - these are respectable pillars of society, and our community leaders as well! :nono

I may be approaching 40, but there's no way in hell I'll ever be caught dead at a Buffett show. I'm sorry, but I just don't get the appeal. :huh:

baggs you suck.. i would have loved to see elton john in concert.... (only have once in my life before)..... and i have seen paul play as well... love that guy...........and yes yas... last year at tweeter center i saw your hero buffet along with the sea of parrot heads..........gotta love my miller guy he gets all the good tickets...... ;)

sorry michelle...my niece took me..tickets wernt mine...

but we might be going to willie nelson end of this month at the house of blues...my niece from oregon will be in town and she's a big country fan..thats the one that sang at the house of blues on the birthday..wanna go??..ill get ya tickets