garland rips sox fans

baggio202

this is 2nd hand from a friend so if someone else actually heard the interview please verify or crrect what i post

garland said no player should ever be booed in his home park and says alot of sox fans are disloyal...says he doesnt respect alot of those fans...also said his wished manuel would communicate better with the players...

my understanding is j-hood took it easy on jon and tired to coax him into retracting what he said or atleast qualifying iot better..but jon didnt take the hint...i thought jon wasnt the brightest bulb in the light stand..this interview kinda confirmed it...

ive never booed a player before..but this ass just might be my first target ever...

ya know what, i'll defend Garland. He's right. There are plenty of s*** fans at the cell that just start booing the team when they are losing, every single damn game. I'd be sick of it too. The crowd at the cell turns on that team way too fast. I don't blame him. If we...well not we but the stupid fans there...can't take the criticism, then screw em. What makes you think the fans are so perfect and shouldn't be ripped?

First off.... I heard part of the interview and he did say that the fans shouldn't boo in the home park. He said that to him it's like having his teammates boo him. He feels he's out there busting his butt, giving 100% and the fans should respect at least that much. These are NOT exact quotes, but the basic crux of what I heard.

And Koch this ... I disagree. Any fan who pays $5 per beer, $30 for a ticket, $10 to park, $4.50 for a hot dog has right to boo any damn time he gets the urge. I'm not sure about these prices, probably higher actually, but I'm sure they are in the ballpark.... pun intended.

First off.... I heard part of the interview and he did say that the fans shouldn't boo in the home park.  He said that to him it's like having his teammates boo him.  He feels he's out there busting his butt, giving 100% and the fans should respect at least that much.  These are NOT exact quotes, but the basic crux of what I heard. 

And Koch this ... I disagree.  Any fan who pays $5 per beer, $30 for a ticket, $10 to park, $4.50 for a hot dog has right to boo any damn time he gets the urge.  I'm not sure about these prices, probably higher actually, but I'm sure they are in the ballpark.... pun intended.

you can pay me the league minimum and boo me all daty long...the way garland has pitched when he walks off the mound he should be leading the crowd in a chorus of boos....he just doesnt get..these guys have it so good...let him toil in charlotte for awhile..he can screw up there as much as he wants and no one will boo

I was shocked and amaized on opening day when the fans booed, White,Koch,Gordon,Rowand(somewhat),Paul and finally Bruce Kimm(3rd base coach). It is harsh, and I didn't though I was tempted to boo Botch, but at several million a year find something better to b**** about than fans booing.

First off.... I heard part of the interview and he did say that the fans shouldn't boo in the home park.  He said that to him it's like having his teammates boo him.  He feels he's out there busting his butt, giving 100% and the fans should respect at least that much.  These are NOT exact quotes, but the basic crux of what I heard. 

And Koch this ... I disagree.  Any fan who pays $5 per beer, $30 for a ticket, $10 to park, $4.50 for a hot dog has right to boo any damn time he gets the urge.  I'm not sure about these prices, probably higher actually, but I'm sure they are in the ballpark.... pun intended.

you can pay me the league minimum and boo me all daty long...the way garland has pitched when he walks off the mound he should be leading the crowd in a chorus of boos....he just doesnt get..these guys have it so good...let him toil in charlotte for awhile..he can screw up there as much as he wants and no one will boo

If Garland doesn't want to get boo'ed by the home team crowd, he should go paly for the Phillies. :lol:

its been the history of the game to boo opposing players and the home team. it is part of the tradition to do so. the fans that are booing are showing their anger at the way the sox are playing, if they didn't want to hear it, then play better, win more games.

the fans are feed up with losing and any player should feel the same way.

Disloyal MY ASS! If anything with this pathetic effort they have shown us, the players have been disloyal to US! They aren't paying to see us, we are paying to see them. I know Jon is frustrated right now, but to lash out at the fans is ignorant. There is no reason that this team should be playing as heartlessly as they are, and as a paying customer I have the absolute right to voice my opinion at their play.

On the bright side if these comments make it into the public forumn, and get a little publicity, Jon Garland just bought his own ticket out of town.

I think Billy Koch said it best. We pay ridiculous amounts of money to pay these guys to perform well. I can buy 12 beers and eat 8 hot dogs while I sit on the couch and watch the game for about $10-12. I go to the game and drink 6 beers and eat 2 hot dogs for $40, not to mention the $25 you drop on the ticket and the $3.00 for the round trip EL ride.

Garland needs to wake up and realize that he should be kissing our asses not the other way around!

:cheers

Booing is one thing. I bet Jon is referring to all the assholes that yell personel insults and profanity. I hear way too much of that. Like I said, last year I heard a lot of nasty s*** yelled at Foulke, now everyone misses him. This is why I hope Borchard is left in AAA a little longer. Everyone loves him now, but if he comes up and struggles the "fans" in CF will hurl insults at him like you couldn't imagine.

I would imagine guys hate playing here. Even in 2000 when they were close to clinching they were playing in front of 15,000 people. And I also remember Singleton getting frustrated that season when he was taunted by his own fans during a game in September. How does anyone get excited about coming out to a small crowd of people each night with most screaming insults the instant you hit a little slump. Hell, I listened to a guy yell at Buerhle that he was a piece of s*** and should get out of town as he played long toss. Yeah, they make a lot of money and it is enough that they should block it out, but our guys have no homefield advantage. We heckle our own players more than the opposition.

Booing is one thing. I bet Jon is referring to all the assholes that yell personel insults and profanity. I hear way too much of that. Like I said, last year I heard a lot of nasty s*** yelled at Foulke, now everyone misses him. This is why I hope Borchard is left in AAA a little longer. Everyone loves him now, but if he comes up and struggles the "fans" in CF will hurl insults at him like you couldn't imagine.

I would imagine guys hate playing here. Even in 2000 when they were close to clinching they were playing in front of 15,000 people. And I also remember Singleton getting frustrated that season when he was taunted by his own fans during a game in September. How does anyone get excited about coming out to a small crowd of people each night with most  screaming insults the instant you hit a little slump. Hell, I listened to a guy yell at Buerhle that he was a piece of s*** and should get out of town as he played long toss. Yeah, they make a lot of money and it is enough that they should block it out, but our guys have no homefield advantage. We heckle our own players more than the opposition.

yeah, now if that is the stuff they are talking about that is different.

I would imagine guys hate playing here. Even in 2000 when they were close to clinching they were playing in front of 15,000 people. And I also remember Singleton getting frustrated that season when he was taunted by his own fans during a game in September. How does anyone get excited about coming out to a small crowd of people each night with most  screaming insults the instant you hit a little slump. Hell, I listened to a guy yell at Buerhle that he was a piece of s*** and should get out of town as he played long toss. Yeah, they make a lot of money and it is enough that they should block it out, but our guys have no homefield advantage. We heckle our own players more than the opposition.

yeah, now if that is the stuff they are talking about that is different.

Well, there is a lot of that going on.

Zach, I agree with you wholeheartedly. That stuff is totally uncalled for and classless. Nobody that calls himself/herself a Sox fan should ever verbally attack on a personal level any player that wears the Sox uniform.

For that matter, we shouldn't personally attack any ballplayers. That's garbage.

Play well get cheers  :cheers

Play bad get booed :finger

That is how all of sports is.  If you can't handle it, you shouldn't be there.

There is the matter of acting like a decent human being in a public venue, as opposed to acting like a complete moron. I wouldn't want to be seen acting like that, anywhere, ever.

Zach, my thoughts too. Some of the rips that I hear on players are just way, way over the line and I have in mind the s*** that you said was being tossed at Rowand before he was sent down.

If that is the stuff that Garland was referring to, then right on JG. And thanks to you for bring up the distinction between "booing" a player that the utterly tasdteless trash that gets tossed out there that would make me wonder if I'd want to play for some of the so-called fans too.

I've never personally ripped on another Sox player..... never called Rowand "Dorn" in the CF stands or C Lee "Dumbass" in LF like some of the fans do here. BUT MY TICKET TO THE GAME GIVES ME THE RIGHT TO "BOO" ANY f***ING PLAYER I FEEL LIKE BOOING MR. GARLAND..... HOME TEAM OR VISITOR. Maybe Garland doesn't get it. It's been 86 f***ing years since this team has won a WS..... 44 years since this team has even appeared in a WS. We've put up with JG's inconsistent pitching FOR 4 SEASONS NOW! This team was supposed to win the AL Central. This team is tanking just the way it has tanked since 2001. I, FOR ONE, AND SICK AND GODDAMNED TIRED OF SUB-PAR PLAY FROM A SUPPOSED CONTENDER!

Boo..... BOO..... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :fyou

CK, exactly -

zach makes a distinction between booing a player (everyone's right) and the utterly brutal verbal attacks that he hears out in center field, which he has referenced before - not the type of thing that you would ever say or do, or in my opinion, any real fan would do, but gets done at the our ball park -

not being sure what JG is referring to - you know he'll hear it next time he pitches at home -

I am supposed to feel bad for a pitcher that goes 5 innings a game and gives up 5 runs in those innings, cry me a river JG. as lousy as you have pitched you should be in AAA and there you are not going to get BABIED like you do on the road in big leagues. JG get out of your little cocoon and join the real world some time soon, people in all walks of life are under pressure to perform and they do not make the coin you do, your table is ready in AAA..cry down there :nono