garland rips sox fans

baggio202

First off.... I heard part of the interview and he did say that the fans shouldn't boo in the home park.  He said that to him it's like having his teammates boo him.  He feels he's out there busting his butt, giving 100% and the fans should respect at least that much.  These are NOT exact quotes, but the basic crux of what I heard. 

And Koch this ... I disagree.  Any fan who pays $5 per beer, $30 for a ticket, $10 to park, $4.50 for a hot dog has right to boo any damn time he gets the urge.  I'm not sure about these prices, probably higher actually, but I'm sure they are in the ballpark.... pun intended.

I don't see how paying gives you the right to not support your team when it's this damn early in the year (and before they even play a damn home game). I'm mainly talking about the people who boo right away and turn on the team and/or yell personal insults all the time...our crowd would not be fun to play in front of. You can boo sometimes when it's called for but our's will boo him after eveyr damn mediocre start that's a joke i'm sorry...our fans are way too negative the majority of the time

I don't see how paying gives you the right to not support your team when it's this damn early in the year (and before they even play a damn home game). I'm mainly talking about the people who boo right away and turn on the team and/or yell personal insults all the time...our crowd would not be fun to play in front of. You can boo sometimes when it's called for but our's will boo him after eveyr damn mediocre start that's a joke i'm sorry...our fans are way too negative the majority of the time

Maybe because Sox fans have seen 2003, so far, in both 2001 and 2002 :huh: ?

Let's wait till we're mathematically eliminated before voicing our feelings in "Boo's."

Our fans are way too negative... I'll give you that. But if someone is dogging it, their ass is going to get booed by me. Regardless. I said you may not agree with boos... and a lot of times I don't. But, I do reserve the right to do so when I see fit.

Our fans are way too negative... I'll give you that. But if someone is dogging it, their ass is going to get booed by me.  Regardless.  I said you may not agree with boos... and a lot of times I don't.  But, I do reserve the right to do so when I see fit.

Ya when it fits yes...but it seems like every mediocre to bad start a pitcher has they get booed, even if they were trying hard and just got rocked that day...that's bulls***.

Ya when it fits yes...but it seems like every mediocre to bad start a pitcher has they get booed, even if they were trying hard and just got rocked that day...that's bulls***.

And just to balance this thread out, I will say that White Sox fans also are on the opposite end of the spectrum when it comes to recognizing and giving props for good plays too. We applaud when a hitter hits the ball the other way with a runner on second and less than two outs. We applaud good defense. The OF's get standing O's after coming out to the field when they do something good at the plate. Pitchers get standing O's coming off of the field after pitching well almost every inning they do something good.

And just to balance this thread out, I will say that White Sox fans also are on the opposite end of the spectrum when it comes to recognizing and giving props for good plays too.  We applaud when a hitter hits the ball the other way with a runner on second and less than two outs.  We applaud good defense.  The OF's get standing O's after coming out to the field when they do something good at the plate.  Pitchers get standing O's coming off of the field after pitching well almost every inning they do something good.

good point

ill add to that remember in '00 when they came back off the 7 games in new york / cleveland where they went 7-0..they came back to a packed house and got a 5 minute ovation...

what garland needs to realize is we as fans have spent god knows what percentage of our disposable income on this team year in and year hoping against hope that this might be the year...when they play lke they dont care they are gonna get ripped....

i this team won the world series , every player on this team would be set for life...look at the 85 bears..this guys are all over the radio and tv...not to mention how many make thousands just for lending ther name to a company or giving an hour motivational speech...how many made careers after football out of that one season???...

this town in dying for a winner..thats where the frustration and booing come from

if garland meant the fans that attack personally or hurl insults then he should have said that...he said fans that boo...he needs to make that distinction

f*** the Cali Balless Wonder, he doesn't deserve a serious thread let alone a spot in the major league rotation.  I'll make sure to "boo" him  twice as hard next time I am at the ballpark, the punk.

Next.

So that means he will get booed "twice as hard" only about 1 or 2 times a year at the most I guess.

this is 2nd hand from a friend so if someone else actually heard the interview please verify or crrect what i post

garland said no player should ever be booed in his home park and says alot of sox fans are disloyal...says he doesnt respect alot of those fans...also said his wished manuel would communicate better with the players...

my understanding  is j-hood took it easy on jon and tired to coax him into retracting what he said or atleast qualifying iot better..but jon didnt take the hint...i thought jon wasnt the brightest bulb in the light stand..this interview kinda confirmed it...

ive never booed a player before..but this ass just might be my first target ever...

Garland can kiss my ass. If he would do his damn job, no one would boo.

And just to balance this thread out, I will say that White Sox fans also are on the opposite end of the spectrum when it comes to recognizing and giving props for good plays too.  We applaud when a hitter hits the ball the other way with a runner on second and less than two outs.  We applaud good defense.  The OF's get standing O's after coming out to the field when they do something good at the plate.  Pitchers get standing O's coming off of the field after pitching well almost every inning they do something good.

See, half of the fans do that, the other half are a bunch of ignorant assholes that expect a win, won't cheer for it, but we'll just harp the s*** out of the team if they perform poorly. It's almost as if they want them to lose so they can just b**** away...i hate those fans.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Garland can kiss my ass. If he would do his damn job, no one would boo.

ill go with that one iggy.... hell ill go out there and screw up like he does and take all the boos in the world, you can even yell insults at me i dont care.... as long as they give me his paycheck when im done.................. ;) lol