AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!!&#

NUKE_CLEVELAND

Marte has officially reduced himself below Vizcaino's value with this bullpen. If he's unable to consistently retire LHH, as he's proven is true, his talent is wasted. Why has he suddenly forgetten how to pitch to lefthanders? What we witnessed ten minutes ago is disgusting. How can anyone expect him to pitch under the pressure of October?

Guillen also needs to be consistent with the closing situation. Either give it to Hermanson or Jenks.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

Biting my lip in ripping Ozzie. I'm sure Jenks would've handled Stairs just fine.

Thank God for Hermie, though :cheers :cheers

Count :cheers :cheers

Paulie :cheers :cheers

Marte :puke :headshake

BTW, Detroit's "tragic" number is now "2" You want to rethink those comments, Dmitri?

:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

Jose......... :wub:

Getting it done again. :headbang

This also looked to be the game that Hermanson re-established himself as the man to go to in the 9th inning should the Sox make it to next month. :notworthy

It also revealed that Marte established himself as the mop-up/blowout guy that will be there next month. :headshake

Can I just say that we should all be happy that we won, even though Ozzie seemed clueless with the bullpen. We can only hope it might adjust the way he manages. Better to have won with bad managing than to lose with good managing. No such thing as a moral victory at this time of the season.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 09:07 PM)
Can I just say that we should all be happy that we won, even though Ozzie seemed clueless with the bullpen.  We can only hope it might adjust the way he manages.  Better to have won with bad managing than to lose with good managing.  No such thing as a moral victory at this time of the season.

Agreed.

The sox now made that 7 game losing streak a thing of the past with their resurgance, hopefully they keep kicking ass. :headbang I wanna see more than 8 in a row this time.

I wasn't able to catch the game but from what I can tell Count did a good job again even though he wasn't as sharp as his last recent outings but he did shut em out. Jenks also did good and so did Hermy!!!! Marte on the otherhand :stick :puke :headshake I hope Ozzie realized hes not the go to guy.

Lets go for number 8 tomorrow sox. :headbang :gosox1: :gosox2: :gosoxretro: :gosox3:

I'm not optimistic about Ozzie's ability to learn from his mistake tonight concerning the bullpen b/c he hasn't learned from similar experiences in the past. :banghead

I am hopeful though that the guy is not a complete idiot. The facts of who works in critical situations and who doesn't by now is crystal clear.

Let's at least cheer a shut-out. :headbang Yes, it was against KC and yes, Contreras was not as sharp as in his last few outings, but still nothing to sneeze at.