AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!!&#

NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(ChiSoxFan @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 10:01 PM)
Jose......... :wub:

This also looked to be the game that Hermanson re-established himself as the man to go to in the 9th inning should the Sox make it to next month. 

Hermanson was never not the go to guy. If it wasnt for his back problems noone else would have had a shot.

Anyway. Great game. wish I didnt have to see Marte tonight, but a win is a win. Caught two BP homerun balls. All is good!!!

Bring on the Patio Party, and the :sweep:

Edited by the People's Champ

QUOTE(ChiSoxFan @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 08:01 PM)
Jose......... :wub:

Getting it done again.  :headbang

Jose Contreras went out there tonight with absolute junk. Nothing was working. People were hitting him. He was walking people. Falling behind some guys. Lots of men on base.

And that is one ROUND number he put on the board.

Guess who that performance reminded me of?

Jose, meet Black Jack. Black Jack...meet Jose. That was a Black Jack-Cy Young season worthy version of pitching with absolutely nothing.

Wow. Great work Jose.

:notworthy

And oh yeah...Paulie "4 home runs in 4 games" Konerko... :cheers

Dustin "Mike Sweeney is nothing compared to me" Hermanson? :cheers . Man, I thought we were doomed there. I really did.

Hi St. Louis...WE CAUGHT YOU AGAIN!!!

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 11:55 PM)
Hermanson was never not the go to guy.  If it wasnt for his back problems noone else would have had a shot.

Anyway.  Great game.  wish I didnt have to see Marte tonight, but a win is a win.  Caught two BP homerun balls.  All is good!!!

Bring on the Patio Party, and the  :sweep:

Almost a sure jinx.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 08:11 PM)
The sox now made that 7 game losing streak a thing of the past with their resurgance, hopefully they keep kicking ass. :headbang I wanna see more than 8 in a row this time.

I think it's been something like 20-25 years since the Sox won 9 in a row.

We're due.

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 10:55 PM)
Hermanson was never not the go to guy.  If it wasnt for his back problems noone else would have had a shot.

Anyway.  Great game.  wish I didnt have to see Marte tonight, but a win is a win.  Caught two BP homerun balls.  All is good!!!

Bring on the Patio Party, and the  :sweep:

I think you missed my point. It was because of the back injuries that there was doubt in how effective Hermy was going to be down the stretch.

while i'll agree that jenks or hermie should be in for the ninth, i can see why ozzie did it. marte has been scuffling and he needs confidence booster to get his head straight. what better way than saying heres the ball in a 1-run game. save it for me. granted he failed this test but as soon as he got in trouble ozzie pulled him. a manager can do that when he has a fairly safe lead. i i dont disagree with ozzie's decision but i can see why people would be upset. but we need to cut ozzie slack. people want to b**** about his managerial skills all the time, but then we say we have no hitting. but yet we still have the best winning percentage in baseball. sounds to me like he knows what hes doing. just saying.