Where is Cotts?

valponick

I think the criticism of Ozzie is a bit over-the-top.

I completely agree that his bullpen choices are maddening, and his fixation on Marte is insane. :chair

But he's made these guys jell like few managers could.

As I've said in other places, would you like to do a managerial trade with the North Side whose manager has enjoyed rave reviews from the Talking Heads of Sportsdom?

QUOTE(kevin57 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 10:12 PM)
I think the criticism of Ozzie is a bit over-the-top. 

I completely agree that his bullpen choices are maddening, and his fixation on Marte is insane. :chair

But he's made these guys jell like few managers could.

As I've said in other places, would you like to do a managerial trade with the North Side whose manager has enjoyed rave reviews from the Talking Heads of Sportsdom?

He may be a very good clubhouse manager but when it comes to in-game management and decisions, Ozzie is severely lacking.

QUOTE(Kenkait Sox Fan @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 11:25 PM)
When was the last time that Marte had a good outing?  ozzie has to stop going with the lefty/righty switches.  Marte is not getting the job done.

Ozzie got his hopes up after seeing Marte freeze Ortiz on Monday.

QUOTE(kevin57 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 09:31 PM)
I just heard on CLTV that Ozzie plans to stick with Marte "because we're going to need him in October."  :angry:

Here's the thing, WE DON'T NEED HIM IN OCTOBER, UGH DAJLKFDAJFLKDAJFLKDAJFLDKA

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Be Good @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 10:57 PM)
LOL is it me, or does it sound like we lost tonight, and we're in the midst of a 7 game losing streak.  While you can disagree with the Oz decison's I don't think you can complain with results. The best pen in baseball.

i think it is good to be complaining as we cannot sit here and be complacent with the way things went down tonight because in the playoffs worse things can happen and it is not like hermanson was dazzling either as Sweeney really should've drilled one of those pitches Hermanson threw up there

QUOTE(Be Good @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 08:57 PM)
LOL is it me, or does it sound like we lost tonight, and we're in the midst of a 7 game losing streak.  While you can disagree with the Oz decison's I don't think you can complain with results. The best pen in baseball.

Actually I believe in terms of ERA, the Indians have a better bullpen than us.

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 12:04 AM)
i think it is good to be complaining as we cannot sit here and be complacent with the way things went down tonight because in the playoffs worse things can happen and it is not like hermanson was dazzling either as Sweeney really should've drilled one of those pitches Hermanson threw up there

I guarantee there were plenty of Red Sox fans complaining about Little leaving starters in too long during the 2003 season, with plenty of other fans telling him to relax.

"That kid got two big outs," Guillen said. "The one I was concerned with was Stairs. With Stairs coming up, I had to bring my best lefty up out of the bullpen. ... If I knew this guy was going to hit two guys, I'm not going to bring him in to pitch."

sorry ozzie but you didnt bring your best lefty out of the pen as I recall cotts was not warming up

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 08:09 PM)
IMO,  The number one obstacle standing in the way of the Sox and their first trip to the World Series in 473240464604 years is Ozzie.

In My opinion...Ozzie Guillen's going to be getting himself a shiny new trophy at the end of the year saying something about how he was the manager of the year.

Yeah, he keeps pissing me off with about 1 or 2 decisions a game. But god damnit, the guy's on pace to win us 100 games...and there's probably not a manager in baseball I'm not going to be pissed off at 1 or 2 times per game. Hell, have you tried watching a Cubs game lately?

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 09:07 PM)
sorry ozzie but you didnt bring your best lefty out of the pen as I recall cotts was not warming up

I could have swore that Cotts was warming up an inning earlier. But yeah, you're right on Marte not being the best lefty out there any more.

Marte needs to sit down for about a week with Cooper and just work on mechanics. Something's clearly wrong there.

The people above me are right that we don't "Need" Marte to be dominant in the playoffs. But wouldn't it sure be damn helpful if he could be?

IMO, The number one obstacle standing in the way of the Sox and their first trip to the World Series in 473240464604 years is Ozzie.

Good God.

Perhaps Ozzie is a reason we are 40 games over 500 and maybe getting in the playoffs for once. We haven't done it with our other skippers of late.

We may not make the Series, but it won't be because of MANAGER OF THE YEAR Guillen. Who do you want managing this team? Bevington? Lamont? Buddah?