Where is Cotts?

valponick

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 11:09 PM)
I could have swore that Cotts was warming up an inning earlier.  But yeah, you're right on Marte not being the best lefty out there any more.

Marte needs to sit down for about a week with Cooper and just work on mechanics.  Something's clearly wrong there.

The people above me are right that we don't "Need" Marte to be dominant in the playoffs. But wouldn't it sure be damn helpful if he could be?

This is point that some fail to grasp.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 10:09 PM)
IMO,  The number one obstacle standing in the way of the Sox and their first trip to the World Series in 473240464604 years is Ozzie.

dude we have the best record in the american league. who would be a better manager??!? oh, right, lets get gene lamont or better yet jerry manual back. that will give the team a much needed boost.

I'm on the outside looking in on this one...didn't see the game last night, but.....

*Isn't Matt Stairs a great dead-eye fastball hitter?

*And remind me what's Bobby Jenks' best pitch???

*And...did anyone get on Neal Cotts when he hit Aaron Guiel on Tuesday???

***And after all that, don't we have a 7 game winning streak?***

Enough b****ing. The White Sox are winning.

I'm sure during his winter eval, KW will remind Ozzie that he actually have ONE MORE LH in the pen. Meanwhile, the Sox are getting closer to clinch.

:bringit

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 10:09 PM)
IMO,  The number one obstacle standing in the way of the Sox and their first trip to the World Series in 473240464604 years is Ozzie.

This is the DUMBEST statement of the year! Without Ozzie, do you really think the White Sox would be PLAYING this good? Having the best record doesn't mean anything to you? Gosh, some of the peoples on this board are truly whiners!

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 08:09 PM)

IMO, the number one reason the Sox have a shot at the World Series for the first time in 473240464604 years is Ozzie.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 07:07 AM)
What happens if a good in-game manager runs circles around Ozzie in the playoffs?  OG has to learn how to manage a baseball game while still being a great cheerleader in the coming weeks.

Apparently, none of these guys were around in 2000 when Lou Pinella straight owned Jerry Manuel in that 3 game sweep. But we had the best record during the regular season, right? :rolly

I'm not a baseball expert. I've never claimed to be. But, in my opinion, Ozzie is a terrible in game manager. Is he a good leader/motivator? Yes. But his lack of experience definitely shows a lot of the time. My main problem is that he seems too stubborn to learn from his mistakes. He's got the "I'm the manager and I'll do what I want" thing going. And that's cool, but come playoff time, when it's time to go up against proven winners like Joe Torre, Mike Scioscia, and Terry Francona, will see just how good a manager Ozzie is.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
Apparently,  none of these guys were around in 2000 when Lou Pinella straight owned Jerry Manuel in that 3 game sweep.  But we had the best record during the regular season,  right? :rolly

Best record in the AL that year. San Fran won 97 and both the Cards and Braves won 95 each.