Down the Stretch...

CWSGuy406

I asked if you guys would like something like this, and there was at least one person who liked the idea. Rather than several different threads about it, put any AL related race stuff in here -- that way, posts won't get lost in the ATM thread already pinned.

And damn, there are some extremely good races.

As we sit today...

In the East -- Boston leads New York by four games.

In the West -- LAoA leads Oakland by a half a game, a game in the loss column.

And, in what will definitely be the best race of the three, the Wildcard -- New York leads Cleveland by a half a game (one in the L column), Oakland by a game and a half (two in the L column), and Minny by five and a half (six in the L column).

Any information pertinent (sp?) to these races, injuries, exciting game finishes, etc etc, put it in here.

If it's really important and you feel it deserves it's own thread, go ahead and do so, and a couple days later, I'll just merge it with this one.

And, if this idea sucks, just don't post in here, and I'll un-pin it within a week or two. :D

There might be a tie atop the AL West after tonight.

Oakland beat Boston, Anahiem is losing to Detroit, 8-4, in the sixth.

And, with Boston's lost and New York's win, the AL East race is down to a game and a half.

To put things in perspective, of just how much better the White Sox were then everyone else -- or, at least until now ( :banghead ) -- the Sox still hold the biggest lead of any first place team in the AL, divisional or Wildcard. I don't know who to root for anymore, 'cause there's just so many teams competing.

EDIT: I jinxed it. Anahiem puts up two in the top of the sixth, and still have two on with two outs.

Edited by CWSGuy406

Oakland is rapidly falling off the pace in the Wild Card. At last check, they were 4 back of the Indians, with the Yankees also sitting in front of them.

In other words...we're getting close to the time it's ok to cheer for Oakland if we need them to beat someone. Because they need a serious run to get back into the Wild Card.

The Angels pulled out an important win tonight over Detroit also.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 05:20 PM)
Indians are already up 2-0 in the first.  A T. Hafner 2 run homer, as well as two deep fly outs.  When will the nightmare end?

Regardless of what the Indians did today, we need a win.

Today's game = biggest game of the season (and you'll be seeing me say that a lot over the next few weeks).

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 05:23 PM)
Regardless of what the Indians did today, we need a win. 

Today's game = biggest game of the season (and you'll be seeing me say that a lot over the next few weeks).

Sure, but it would be great if we could get a little help from another team once this month.