Paul Pierce to be traded?

DBAHO

Denver just got better if this is true;

A source informs InsideHoops.com editor Jeff Lenchiner late Wednesday evening that the Boston Celtics are expected to trade all-star guard/forward Paul Pierce to the Denver Nuggets for guard Andre Miller and forward/center Nene.

More players would likely be involved with the deal, as Boston's roster is full; cuts would have to be made or additional players sent away.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 08:22 PM)
People found it strange when they signed Earl Watson. Now since they're getting their SG, it looks a very good move. Nuggets could be top 4 in the West this season.

By the way, I thought I'd impress you. I drafted Julius Jones in my fantasy league. If he fails me, I'm flying out to Aussie to break your knee caps :P

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)
By the way, I thought I'd impress you.  I drafted Julius Jones in my fantasy league.  If he fails me, I'm flying out to Aussie to break your knee caps  :P

How high are we talking here? If he stays healthy, he could put up 1500+ yards though.

QUOTE(knightni @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)
I'd be up for a sign-and trade that includes Curry for Nene.

What about Paul Pierce instead? Can't see the Bulls realy being that interested in Nene since he's more of a PF, and they've already got Chandler, Allen, Harrington and probably Songolia for that spot.

Nene should get better. The Nuggets had 2 lottery picks, they picked some guy that I can't pronounce his name at the 5th pick and I believe Nene at the 7th pick. So far that's turned out to be a bust since the other guy is with the T-Wolves now I think, and Nene hasn't quite panned out yet.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 12:31 AM)
Nene should get better. The Nuggets had 2 lottery picks, they picked some guy that I can't pronounce his name at the 5th pick and I believe Nene at the 7th pick. So far that's turned out to be a bust since the other guy is with the T-Wolves now I think, and Nene hasn't quite panned out yet.

Nikolas Tschkivili is Russian for Shawn Bradley.

Boston has really needed to pull off a version of the early 00's Bulls, trade some veterans for draft picks and salary flexibility, and truly admit that they need to rebuild, for quite some time.

Trading Pierce is in fact a key part of acknowledging that they need to rebuild.

I just don't like what they're getting for him...they need draft picks and youth, not extra players.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 09:52 PM)
Damn Pierce in Denver... can him and Carmelo co-exist?

If Carmelo can co-exist with George Karl...

Is it just me, or has anyone else been overwhelmed lately at the attempt to build teams by combining all of the start talent that can be possibly found anywhere and hoping that it works out...kind of the exact opposite of the Detroit model?

It started with the Kobe-Shaq-Payton-Malone Lakers...

Now you've got the Walker-Williams-Wade-Shaq Heat, the Ginobili/Parker/Duncan/Finley Mavs, the Carmelo/Pierce Nuggets, etc.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 7, 2005 -> 11:56 PM)
If Carmelo can co-exist with George Karl...

Is it just me, or has anyone else been overwhelmed lately at the attempt to build teams by combining all of the start talent that can be possibly found anywhere and hoping that it works out...kind of the exact opposite of the Detroit model?

It started with the Kobe-Shaq-Payton-Malone Lakers...

Now you've got the Walker-Williams-Wade-Shaq Heat, the Ginobili/Parker/Duncan/Finley Mavs, the Carmelo/Pierce Nuggets, etc.

Yeah I've noticed that too. I think the 2 most important things in a winning team is Team Chemistry and Defense. Having good depth in the bench is important too, but for the most part, all of those players mentioned are offensive forces and some lack on the defensive side. Who knows how everyone will get along either. Just throwing in superstar players from other teams who are used to getting the ball doesn't always work out.

I think this is a good trade for both teams.

Denver gets a legitimate sg/sf who can net you anywhere from 22-25 ppg. They've been looking for a quality 2 for years now. They got one. For Boston, they get a very solid pg in Miller, along with a very talented, young big in Nene, who might flourish in the east.

There is a question on how well Pierce and Melo will work together. And they are short in the big man department after Camby, who's very injury prone, and Martin. But all in all, to get a player the cailber of Pierce, you have to give up something you probably don't want to.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 12:25 AM)
Yeah I've noticed that too. I think the 2 most important things in a winning team is Team Chemistry and Defense. Having good depth in the bench is important too, but for the most part, all of those players mentioned are offensive forces and some lack on the defensive side. Who knows how everyone will get along either. Just throwing in superstar players from other teams who are used to getting the ball doesn't always work out.

I say not so much on the chemistry, and more so on having a quality big man(Duncan and Wallace) and a good coach.

Defense is pretty important though.