Anyone watching this tennis match?

Didn't Clisters beat her, however it's spelled. But yeah, this match was in the top 5 that I've seen for sure. And it's great to have some publicity for men's tennis. I didn't know who to go for. I decided if Agassi won tonight, he'd have to win the whole thing for me to be satisfied with him beating Blake. I really hope Blake can win a big one sometime in his career.

I was happy to see Agassi win, hopefully he can go out a winner. In my mind the bigger deal is that fellow American Robby Ginepri is in the semis as well. It's annoying that the Americans keep beating each other, doesn't truely show how well we can do on hard court.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 09:34 AM)
I was happy to see Agassi win, hopefully he can go out a winner. In my mind the bigger deal is that fellow American Robby Ginepri is in the semis as well. It's annoying that the Americans keep beating each other, doesn't truely show how well we can do on hard court.

I really, really hope Agassi can win it all....But no was has discussed the buzzsaw on the other side of the bracket, Roger Federer. Federer has to beat a couple of good players but I almost guarantee he will be in the Finals. And he will be a large favorite to beat Ginepri or Agassi. If Federer is playing his best tennis, no one can beat him. His matches are often boring to watch because he beats his opponents so badly it is never even close. Americans do dominate hard courts, but Federer's talent pretty much translates to dominance on all surfaces.

Edited by Chisoxrd5

I didn't see it til the fifth set, but watching the highlights on ESPNEWS you could tell that Blake was worn out near the end.

Of course, I got a "how can you watch this stuff" while tuning in, but you don't appreciate what these guys are doing til you've played tennis, IMO.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 12:31 PM)
but you don't appreciate what these guys are doing til you've played tennis, IMO.

Wanna make a bet?

I hate playing tennis...cuz I'm so bad at it...but that was incredible. Both guys were going on pure adrenaline at the end.

I was hoping for the tiebreaker to go till like 2 in the morning. That was just incredible.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 02:11 PM)
Wanna make a bet?

I hate playing tennis...cuz I'm so bad at it...but that was incredible.  Both guys were going on pure adrenaline at the end.

I was hoping for the tiebreaker to go till like 2 in the morning.  That was just incredible.

Well, I meant like the strain they are going through. Not appreciating it for appreciation's sake.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 02:17 PM)
Well,  I meant like the strain they are going through. Not appreciating it for appreciation's sake.

Perhaps that.

Then again...I could most definately see it. I think we've all had similar feelings. Perhaps not in tennis, but any other sport has that.