knightni

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 06:50 PM)
These games would be a lot easier to take if the Indians didn't win seemingly 80 percent of their games recently.

Remember...once again, they have by far the easiest schedule in the AL the 2nd half, at least amongst the Wild Card contenders. That's why that sweep of them earlier this year was so damn huge.

I think Minnesota gets a shot at them this weekend.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 01:52 AM)
Remember...once again, they have by far the easiest schedule in the AL the 2nd half, at least amongst the Wild Card contenders.  That's why that sweep of them earlier this year was so damn huge.

I think Minnesota gets a shot at them this weekend.

Which means they'll likely keep winning a high percentage of games, especially with C.C. and Lee pitching lights out lately. The Sox have done a terrific job this month of winning the games they had to, and need to keep up the focus. The only way the Sox won't make the playoffs is if they have another prolonged slump.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 07:56 PM)
Which means Ozzie is doing the opposite.

Stairs is hitting the ball MUCH better than Sweeney, who is really struggling. Walking a guy like that to get to Stairs would've been really dumb IMHO.

Well. Not dumb. Just not what I think would be a good move.

Edited by jphat007

Its nice to see one of the worst pitching staffs in baseball shutting our team down, no hitting them for a good part of this game.

But hey its another bad pitcher we can tip our hats to for having a great game. We make more bad pitchers look like Cy Young than any other team.

2 f***ing hits, you have got to be kidding me.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 06:58 PM)
let's pinch hit for Wid.  Put in Anderson or Gload.  No widger.

Ozzie hasn't pinch hit for a catcher all year and I can't say I blame him...when you're carrying only 1 backup catcher there's reason to be careful with those guys...what happens if you pinch hit for him and then AJ gets hurt or tossed out of the game?

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 01:58 AM)
Stairs is hitting the ball MUCH better than Sweeney, who is really struggling. Walking a guy like that to get to Stairs would've been really dumb IMHO.

Well, I've forgotten that Ozzie fears Stairs more than anyone else. Not only that, but I just think Garcia has hung way too many pitches tonight. I'm happy with the results....but I would have managed differently (as if anyone cares).

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 01:59 AM)
Ozzie hasn't pinch hit for a catcher all year and I can't say I blame him...when you're carrying only 1 backup catcher there's reason to be careful with those guys...what happens if you pinch hit for him and then AJ gets hurt or tossed out of the game?

Casanova's on the bench

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 07:59 PM)

That is why we have Cassanova up.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 07:59 PM)

We have casanova and he is a catcher.

We can pinch hit someone.