Core of the Core - Sox vs Royals Game 3

knightni

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 02:17 AM)
Hmmm if this was Marte again there would be mutiny on here.

Good grief....Cotts hasn't allowed a run in over 20 outings. He walked a guy on a 3-2 pitch, and then gave up a chopper into the outfield. It's a big difference between that and hitting guys on terrible sliders.

Blah...this game seems to be sliding away. I want to be careful with what I say, but ever since I saw that s*** in the paper about the attendance, I had a terrible feeling that we might be due for a slump. It's one of those things where the players should have just stayed quiet and "stay the path".

I disagree. The players spoke out which shows balls and competitiveness. I don't think they will tank because of mere statements. That would make them wimps.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 02:22 AM)
PWNED

How the f*** don't you see that coming

We NEVER pitch out. Even when the entire country knows someone is going to try and steal 2nd base, we don't do a thing. It's fine though....now Cotts will be back in Ozzie's doghouse.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 02:23 AM)
Thanks Neal. Leadoff walks suck.

Yet you congratulate Garcia for s***ting the bed, hanging nearly every pitch in an inning, and costing us a hard fought lead? Ozzie did bring in Cotts....so how could it have been the wrong choice?

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 02:24 AM)
There is the squeeze and a two run lead, now we are done.

--If we are done without a fight at home against one of the worst teams in baseball history, we got problems. We aint done yet.

I don't remember the last time we made a come back at home in the last two innings of the game. At least Pods and his near .200 OBP in LIPS is out of the game....IT'S TIMO TIME!