Core of the Core - Sox vs Royals Game 3

knightni

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 02:25 AM)
I think gettting worked over by the worst pitching staff in the majors for a 2 hitter is worse.

Yeah, we've had 3 leadoff walks tonight, and did nothing about it. I guess too many balls hit right at people?

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 08:25 PM)
Yet you congratulate Garcia for s***ting the bed, hanging nearly every pitch in an inning, and costing us a hard fought lead?  Ozzie did bring in Cotts....so how could it have been the wrong choice?

Not my fault Neal couldn't get the job done. Garcia had a QS. THat's getting the job done as a starter. Neals job is to hold the team down for one inning. He couldn't do it. He walked the leadoff hitter and blew it.

PS. Oakland's defense blows.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 08:24 PM)
There is the squeeze and a two run lead, now we are done.

--If we are done without a fight at home against one of the worst teams in baseball history, we got problems. We aint done yet.

I am just thankful for the 7 game W streak leading up to today. A sweep would have been nice, but we still won the series. KC would be the best bet for a sweep though...

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 02:26 AM)
The Royals are playing small ball a la Ozzie with that bunt. Why do our guys go through these dead looking periods?

Because this team isn't good enough to sleep walk through games and yet still win easily. It's tough to complain though about a 7 game winning streak, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt tonight.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 02:27 AM)
good point fathom, at least i hope the players moaning doesn't somehow cause a funk.

I wish Cleveland would lose a few f***ing games.

I'm not afraid they will overtake us or anything but their excellence is pissing me off

No s***. With the way they're playing, they're going to give the Sox all they can handle. The larger the lead, the more comfortable I'll feel when we face them. It's back to the point where everyone thinks it's a foregone conclusion the Sox will make the playoffs. Personally, I'm rooting for the Indians to get a large lead in the Wild Card in case things in the AL Central ever get too close.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 02:26 AM)
Not my fault Neal couldn't get the job done. Garcia had a QS. THat's getting the job done as a starter. Neals job is to hold the team down for one inning. He couldn't do it. He walked the leadoff hitter and blew it.

Not even a negative person like myself can get mad at Cotts for having ONE bad outing for the first time in 24 appearances.