Core of the Core - Sox vs Royals Game 3

knightni

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 02:38 AM)
I like the looks of that Anderson kid, but he's had only one good game since being called up. I would like to see Borchard replace Everett and get a look at Joe for awhile. See what he has learned.

We face a lefty tomorrow in Washburn. Anderson should get the start in LF, and sit Everett while allowing Pods to DH. The problem with Everett is that he's not contributing anything if he's not homering now.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
I like the looks of that Anderson kid, but he's had only one good game since being called up. I would like to see Borchard replace Everett and get a look at Joe for awhile. See what he has learned.

I'd love to at least see Dye moved to the three slot. THere is no reason for Rowand and Everett to be hitting in front of Dye right now. Either that or move PK to the three hole and Dye to cleanup.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 02:40 AM)
I'd love to at least see Dye moved to the three slot.  THere is no reason for Rowand and Everett to be hitting in front of Dye right now.  Either that or move PK to the three hole and Dye to cleanup.

The funny thing is we can all argue about this stuff 24/7...and you have to be nuts to think Ozzie will change things.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 02:40 AM)
Finesse is more like it.

I disagree. He relies on his high fastball to get hitters out. A finesse pitcher, in my opinion, is someone who tries to hit the corners with their pitches and relies on location instead of stuff. Cotts doesn't strike me as the type who tries to hit the corners.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 02:42 AM)
I disagree.  He relies on his high fastball to get hitters out.  A finesse pitcher, in my opinion, is someone who tries to hit the corners with their pitches and relies on location instead of stuff.  Cotts doesn't strike me as the type who tries to hit the corners.

I like Neal Cotts, but both Cotts and Marte haven't done the job when called in the last few games

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 09:45 PM)
Good play by PK there.  This crowd is dead silent though.  If the place isn't louder tomorrow, I could see why the players would be pissed.

Last I checked these guys are being paid millions of dollars to play a game. I don't think it is their right to be pissed off about attendance with the costs of going to games for families these days.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 02:47 AM)
Last I checked these guys are being paid millions of dollars to play a game.  I don't think it is their right to be pissed off about attendance with the costs of going to games for families these days.

Well, they sure seemed to be annoyed with it last night.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 09:48 PM)
Well, they sure seemed to be annoyed with it last night.

I'm not saying it doesn't annoy them or piss them off. I'm saying that if I was being paid millions of dollars to play a game I wouldn't give a damn if there was 10,000 people or 30,000 people in the stands.