knightni

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 02:58 AM)
8.5 game lead.  I'll take 2 out of 3 any series, but it would have been nice to see some life in the offense the last two games.

They should be playing now like it was playoff time. You need to have fire when trailing in the last couple innings.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 09:59 PM)
Won 7 of our last 8, 8.5 game lead, Magic number of 15.

Step away from the ledge, I REPEAT, Step away from the ledge.

But if you want to jump off here's a starting point.....

The White Sox have not come back from a deficit of more than 1 run to win a game since July 30th. -- I'm not talking about 2 runs with one inning to play either.

No, if you've gotten the White Sox down by two runs at any point in the game in the last six weeks, you have yourself a victory.

JULY 30TH!!!!

They deserved to lose tonight, especially with Freddy giving up a 2 out, 2 run HR to a hack like Berroa....Gotta throw him a better pitch than he did....Even with the Indians on a roll, they're still 8 1/2 games back so no worries....

JP Howell follows the path of Douglass in dominating our club with an arsenal of junk. Hawk even pointed out he dominated our team with two mediocre pitches. You can't even suggest his command and was superb because he walked 5 batters. It's a game I place blame entirely on the offense. Howell deserves no credit. His numbers speak for themself.

Next week, I expect 4 runs off this t-ball stand. It sickens me to watch these games such as tonight and wonder how the hell a pitcher such as this managed to do well against our club. I would just like to ask our hitters what made him so tough. What about a floating changeup or a straight 86 mph fastball is tough to hit?

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 03:05 AM)
But if you want to jump off here's a starting point.....

The White Sox have not come back from a deficit of more than 1 run to win a game since July 30th. -- I'm not talking about 2 runs with one inning to play either.

No, if you've gotten the White Sox down by two runs at any point in the game in the last six weeks, you have yourself a victory.

JULY 30TH!!!!

You're stealing my stat!!!! The last comeback was that Orioles Saturday game when AJP hit the 8th inning homer.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 03:05 AM)
JP Howell follows the path of Douglass in dominating our club with an arsenal of junk. Hawk even pointed out he dominated our team with two mediocre pitches. You can't even suggest his command was superb because he walked 5 batters.

Next week, I expect 4 runs off this t-ball stand. It sickens me to watch these games such as tonight and wonder how the hell he managed to pitch well against our club.

A good center fielder and we probably don't score at all.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 10:06 PM)
You're stealing my stat!!!! The last comeback was that Orioles Saturday game when AJP hit the 8th inning homer.

If you've posted it in the game threads, I miss it. I never read 'em...

I haven't seen you write it elsewhere... I just went searching in the top of the 9th. I couldn't remember the last time we were down by a run and I actually felt like we could come back, so I dug through the box scores.

JP Howell threw absolute garbage tonight. Disgusting loss.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 03:10 AM)
If you've posted it in the game threads, I miss it. I never read 'em...

I haven't seen you write it elsewhere... I just went searching in the top of the 9th. I couldn't remember the last time we were down by a run and I actually felt like we could come back, so I dug through the box scores.

JP Howell threw absolute garbage tonight. Disgusting loss.

Yeah, that stat was my battle cry all of August saying we needed offensive help. I think the thread was entitled "Disturbing stat". Good research though, and it is very disturbing.