WS Nightmare

kevin57

WS, Bottom of the Ninth, do you go with Vizcaino or Marte "to close"  

57 members have voted

1. 1. WS, Bottom of the Ninth, do you go with Vizcaino or Marte "to close"

• Vizcaino
    • Marte
    • I go to Bud and tell him we forfeit

Situation: It's the ninth inning of the seventh game of the WS. You have only two choices in your bullpen: Vizcaino and Marte.

Who do you go to?

BTW, our opponent intends to send their best switch hitter to face one of them.

Impossible! you say? Given our splendid pitching management this year, nothing is impossible. Besides, this is a nightmare, and we don't get to choose the bad things that can happen in our nightmares.

Let the sweating begin, Sox fans! :pray :drink

I actually went down to get laundry when he pulled Jenks. Why did he do that? Was Jenks struggling, or was Ozzie trying to "matchup" his pitcher to the hitter?

BTW, WTF with Marte hitting two guys in a row?! The second after Ozzie was apparently chewing him out on the mound?! I don't think I've ever seen a manager do that (on the mound, that is).

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 09:45 AM)
I actually went down to get laundry when he pulled Jenks.  Why did he do that?  Was Jenks struggling, or was Ozzie trying to "matchup" his pitcher to the hitter?

BTW, WTF with Marte hitting two guys in a row?!  The second after Ozzie was apparently chewing him out on the mound?!  I don't think I've ever seen a manager do that (on the mound, that is).

Playing match ups. He wanted MArte to face the dreaded Matt Stairs, instead of Jenks.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 09:45 AM)
I actually went down to get laundry when he pulled Jenks.  Why did he do that?  Was Jenks struggling, or was Ozzie trying to "matchup" his pitcher to the hitter?

BTW, WTF with Marte hitting two guys in a row?!  The second after Ozzie was apparently chewing him out on the mound?!  I don't think I've ever seen a manager do that (on the mound, that is).

I've seen Oz do it before, he did it to Loaiza last year and it worked, at least in that particular situation. He got in Marte's grill last night and Damaso responded by?...Folding. Is this guy ready for playoff pressure?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 10:04 AM)
I've seen Oz do it before, he did it to Loaiza last year and it worked, at least in that particular situation. He got in Marte's grill last night and Damaso responded by?...Folding. Is this guy ready for playoff pressure?

Obviously, the answer to this question seems to be a big NO.

Marte has had a rough season filled with bad luck and bad pitches. His confidence is down as well as his velocity. I'm not sure however if this is temporary or if the lightning in a bottle that Marte has been for us the past four years is all but run out.

Regardless of how he does the rest of the season his trade value will remain high as his track record over the past few years speaks volumes. If he fails to get his act together, a trade will likely be in order.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 08:45 AM)

Jenks hit 100 with his first strike, then 99 on the second and the guy then recorded an out. Ozzies comes to get him, then puts in Marty Party who prompty s***s the bed.

I have seen Ozzie chew out the Count on the mound a few times earlier this year like that. The difference is the count got better, Marty Party isnt.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 10:08 AM)
Obviously, the answer to this question seems to be a big NO.

Marte has had a rough season filled with bad luck and bad pitches. His confidence is down as well as his velocity. I'm not sure however if this is temporary or if the lightning in a bottle that Marte has been for us the past four years is all but run out.

Regardless of how he does the rest of the season his trade value will remain high as his track record over the past few years speaks volumes. If he fails to get his act together, a trade will likely be in order.

4 years can't be lightning in a bottle, can it?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 10:14 AM)
4 years can't be lightning in a bottle, can it?

Sure it can...it was a big bottle

What I meant was we basically got him for nothing and he turned into one of the most dominant LH relievers in baseball...stop giving me a hard time, u know I get all worked up :P

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 10:08 AM)
Jenks hit 100 with his first strike, then 99 on the second and the guy then recorded an out.  Ozzies comes to get him, then puts in Marty Party who prompty s***s the bed. 

I have seen Ozzie chew out the Count on the mound a few times earlier this year like that.  The difference is the count got better, Marty Party isnt.

Is there an official "I hate Marte" thread???!!! He hasn't looked good since before the all-star break and Ozzie keeps using him like he's a great relief pitcher. DAMN, I hate Marte!

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 10:17 AM)
Sure it can...it was a big bottle

What I meant was we basically got him for nothing and he turned into one of the most dominant LH relievers in baseball...stop giving me a hard time, u know I get all worked up  :P

lol.

Geez, if this is a hard time, you will never take the hill for us in the post season. You, Viz and Marte can hold each other in the pen. :D

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 10:41 AM)
lol.

Geez, if this is a hard time, you will never take the hill for us in the post season.  You, Viz and Marte can hold each other in the pen. :D

Here comes the meatwagon.

New guy in the corner puking his guts out... :puke

Anyone?