motorcycles

RockRaines

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 12:34 PM)
I think some of you forget that a cabbie much of the time is not making the money you are giving them. I used to know a cabbie fairly well. He lived in a run down trailer park and was always broke. The guy lived off of the hot dogs at the gas station he usually filled up at, and he was given free coffee by the station. If you think these guys are getting to keep the money you are giving them, you're wrong. Espcecially the guys who work for a cab company. Some of the companies even make them buy their own cabs, if I am not mistaken. If they do own their own cabs on their own, they have to buy the car, pay the insurance, pay the gas, and the upkeep on a car that gets hundreds of miles put on it a day. A cabbie is NOT an easy job.

Oh, plus they have to pay dues to be an "offical cabbie" or whatever. You just can't go out and be a cabbie.

My father in law moved to this country and drove a cab for many years, raised a family, 3 kids and bought a home. Sure he started at the bottom, but evetuanlly he owned a bunch of cabs, rented them out and had people driving for him. All he did then was collect the loot. He will be the 1st to tell you that most cabbies want a pity party and don't want to work long hours. The job itself is pretty easy, if you're willing to put in a LOT of hours, just like any other jobs, you can get ahead.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 12:29 PM)
im looking at the yamaha 600 R6 and the CBR 600RR

I tip waitresses large, but not cabbies.  Waitresses are paid salarybased on tips being part of their wage.  Cabbies collect money, subtract gas.

Rock, don't f*** around, get a custom, black and silver Sox Harley. :headbang

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 12:57 PM)
Rock, don't f*** around, get a custom, black and silver Sox Harley. :headbang

nah, gotta save most of my money for a down payment in the spring for a condo. If you know what a 2B/2B new condo in the city costs, you will understand.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 11:51 AM)
My father in law moved to this country and drove a cab for many years, raised a family, 3 kids and bought a home. Sure he started at the bottom, but evetuanlly he owned a bunch of cabs, rented them out and had people driving for him.  All he did then was collect the loot.  He will be the 1st to tell you that most cabbies want a pity party and don't want to work long hours.  The job itself is pretty easy, if you're willing to put in a LOT of hours, just like any other jobs, you can get ahead.

Maybe so, but they still need the tips if they are working for somebody else. They are NOT making $20 an hour, or even much of what you give them for the fare.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 12:06 PM)
nah, gotta save most of my money for a down payment in the spring for a condo.  If you know what a 2B/2B new condo in the city costs, you will understand.

i know of a gsxr600 for sale soon. let me know if your interested.

Edited by Stocking

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 01:06 PM)
nah, gotta save most of my money for a down payment in the spring for a condo.  If you know what a 2B/2B new condo in the city costs, you will understand.

Believe me, I live in the city, so I know.

Good luck with the bike man.

Whatcha gonna do in the winter?

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 01:09 PM)
Maybe so, but they still need the tips if they are working for somebody else. They are NOT making $20 an hour, or even much of what you give them for the fare.

They're not hurting as bad as you might think.

In the city, if you had a cabbie license, you could rent a cab for a flat weekend fee, roughly $75.00 a day, it's probably more now. You could drive that cab as much as you wanted, all weekend long, make as much money as you wanted as long as you fill the tank of course.

I feel what you're saying though KG.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 8, 2005 -> 01:28 PM)
Believe me, I live in the city, so I know.

Good luck with the bike man.

Whatcha gonna do in the winter?

Winter=SOL.

But I wont be driving to so many places in the winter I suspect, or just use to bus a little more. Also I travel more in the winter, and therefor will be in warmer climates. Maybe I can bring back my snowmobile from mich??

Where you live in the city?

Stocking, whats the ball park on the gixxer?