Could we be watching the best Sox pitching staff?

BFirebird

QUOTE(BFirebird @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 06:51 AM)
Not to toot my own horn on this one but when I was watching the game tonight I thought back to this post I started and thought to myself........this team is rapidly climbing the charts not for regular season statistical reasons but for it's postseason accolades. 

Don't worry man, you ain't tooting your own horn. Yossarian and TLAK still reign supreme in their arguments, ya hear? :D

This staff kicks ass, but come on. You originally asked if this was the best pitching staff in Sox history. There is just no way.

I'll buy Top 5. And that is damn good, because lord knows that pitching is not what has cursed this team over the past 100 years. Without a team like the Yankees around to hog all of the young talent for the majority of the 20th Century (pre-draft era), I believe that we'd have won our fair share of championships.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 02:02 AM)
It's got to be right up there.  And to think,  guys like Marte and Vizcaino,  who have both had excellent years in the past,  have had average to bad years in 05.

...while guys like Politte and Hermanson have had career years.

now let me ask you statisticians this...

where do you think this PLAYOFF rotation stands up against the other great playoff rotations?

i mean, we have 4 guys who can go out and have cy young performances on any given day. i mean sure, diamondbacks had schilling and johnson, but they definitley didnt have a 3 and 4 as good as we do, neither does the boston of last year. im wondering what are some of the better playoff rotations from back in the day?