Game Thread Angels vs Sox 9/9 7:05

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 08:29 PM)
What the hell is wrong with Mark! Get in this game!

If the playoff starts right now, I DEFINITELY will have Contreras as my starting pitcher for game one. I just don't have the faith on Buerhle, Garcia or Garland right now. And it's sad to have that feelings!

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 07:28 PM)
What does Johan giving up two runs to make it 4-2 Indians have to do with this game?

:huh:

Well, nothing because I never connected them.

I meant it more as a sarcastic comment to ask if a ace (which Buehlre is considered, no?) typically surrender leads immediately after their team scores.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 08:31 PM)
Well, nothing because I never connected them.

I meant it more as a sarcastic comment to ask if a ace (which Buehlre is considered, no?) typically surrender leads immediately after their team scores.

It happens all the time as evident by Johan's performance tonight.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 06:26 PM)
Hey, do aces usually give up two runs after their team scores the previous inning?

Happens yesterday with Garcia and now with Buehrle. It's frustrating the hell out of me.

Buehrle is not an ace. He dominates mediocre teams, but gets hammered by good ones.

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 07:31 PM)
If the playoff starts right now, I DEFINITELY will have Contreras as my starting pitcher for game one.  I just don't have the faith on Buerhle, Garcia or Garland right now.  And it's sad to have that feelings!

Contreras has very similar stats to Garcia this year, and he's pitched in a lot of bad luck. He had a few no decisions he should have won, and gave up some meaningless runs that raised his ERA.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 07:32 PM)
Santana's line tonight: 5 IP, 4 ER, 8 hits, 2 walks, 2 k's.

I guess he's not an ace either Flash?

Now go and find his record since the All-Star break. Compare that with Buehrles.

One poor outting for Santana is an aberration. Lately, a bad outting for Buehrle is common.

Edited by Flash Tizzle