Game Thread Angels vs Sox 9/9 7:05

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there's one good thing about Mark's poor start today. Don Cooper was on AM 1000 today and said that BMAC's role would depend on how Jon and Mark were involved in the CY Young race. I think after today we can count Mark out of that race. BMAC should get another start.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 07:53 PM)
Swinging at the first pitch usually does that.  We have no plate discipline outside of a few guys.  Namely Pauly and Juan lately.

You really cannot say enough about the recent turnaround of Juan Uribe though. I never thought I would be agreeing with a post about Juan Uribe plate discipline, but his entire approach at the plate has changed recently.

QUOTE(illinilaw08 @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 08:56 PM)
You really cannot say enough about the recent turnaround of Juan Uribe though.  I never thought I would be agreeing with a post about Juan Uribe plate discipline, but his entire approach at the plate has changed recently.

No doubt. It's like he's a completely different hitter. Maybe we can pretend we traded Juan Uribe for a Uribe clone that hits better. So I guess we did make a trade at the deadline afterall...super Uribe.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Sep 10, 2005 -> 01:57 AM)
No doubt.  It's like he's a completely different hitter.  Maybe we can pretend we traded Juan Uribe for a Uribe clone that hits better.  So I guess we did make a trade at the deadline afterall...super Uribe.

Yeah, we traded for Uribe circa 2004 :)

QUOTE(illinilaw08 @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 08:59 PM)
This is an interesting decision with no one on base and 2 out

He is 1 of about 4 or 5 hitters ( in all of baseball) than can beat you. I'd walk him too.

Edited by BigSqwert