Last night's 'steal'

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 08:27 AM)
I missed the entire game last night and I keep hearing we stole home. Someone described the play to me this morning and it doesn't sound like a steal to me.  Can someone give me the situation and what happened.

Thx.

Howell tried Picking Scotty off at first, once he started to throw the ball there, Ozuna broke for home and slid under thte tag, it was an awesome play.

Not trying to be buzzkill. I understand that it was scored a steal, I'm not sure there is any other way to score it.

A man is on third, the pitcher goes into his wind up, the runner breaks for the plate and scores under the tag, THAT'S stealing home. Mickey Matle did it a few times, not sure I've seen it recently.

QUOTE(bighurt574 @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 10:07 AM)
It's a steal.  Had Podsednik stolen second, and Ozuna broke for home on the throw to second, I don't think there'd be any debate.  This is the same thing.  Maybe not as cool as a flat-out break for home, but still a steal.

welcome to sox talk :cheers :cheers :cheers

That was one of the cool plays I've seen this year--typical of the whole new team mentality and execution. Like when Tads did the suicide squeeze the another night.

And after it happened, I thought we had the game. It was one of the low-scoring snoozefests that reminded me of the KC game back in the spring where we won the game without batting in a run--KC walked in two.

I thought: another KC game gem... and then... poof.

I don't think that pitch was even across the plate yet when Hawk called it as outta there.

Oh well. We took the series, which all season is fine by me.