One of the songs they play at the Cell

SpringfieldFan

Hey, folks. I would appreciate some help placing a song that they queue up every so often at the Cell. I am not very musically saavy so it is hard for me to describe, but it is stuck in my head and I would really like to know what it is. It seems to me to be more of a beat then a song and the best I can describe it is that is begins by sounding kind of like bubbles popping or water dripping. It goes kind of like "bum BUM bum bum-bum bum, bum BUM bum bum-bum bum...". Does anyone recognize what song I am talking about? If not perhaps you could list the songs you know are played regularly and I could look them each up until I recognize it.

SFF

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 10:03 AM)
Hey, folks.  I would appreciate some help placing a song that they queue up every so often at the Cell.  I am not very musically saavy so it is hard for me to describe, but it is stuck in my head and I would really like to know what it is.  It seems to me to be more of a beat then a song and the best I can describe it is that is begins by sounding kind of like bubbles popping or water dripping.  It goes kind of like "bum BUM bum bum-bum bum, bum BUM bum bum-bum bum...".  Does anyone recognize what song I am talking about?  If not perhaps you could list the songs you know are played regularly and I could look them each up until I recognize it.

SFF

Sounds like the song that comes on when the 'empire' is on the screen.

LOL. I was thinking the same thing this guy was last night.

There's a little instrumental bit that Nancy plays throughout the night that sounds sort of like somebody playing bells, or a toy piano. It's probably related to something that happens on the field, as most of her stuff is. I was going to ask about it here, too--but how do you "explain" a piece of music?

I feel your pain dude?

Here's one though, which should be easier: what's the tune they always play with that sort of house/techno beat that sounds like a bunch of cheerleaders? And at the end they go "WOOOO!"? I can never understand what they're saying, but they play this at every game, numerous times. I've never heard it outside the Cell.

It's obnoxious but also insanely catchy.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 11:20 AM)
LOL.  I was thinking the same thing this guy was last night.

There's a little instrumental bit that Nancy plays throughout the night that sounds sort of like somebody playing bells, or a toy piano.  It's probably related to something that happens on the field, as most of her stuff is.  I was going to ask about it here, too--but how do you "explain" a piece of music?

I feel your pain dude?

Here's one though, which should be easier: what's the tune they always play with that sort of house/techno beat that sounds like a bunch of cheerleaders?  And at the end they go "WOOOO!"?  I can never understand what they're saying, but they play this at every game, numerous times.  I've never heard it outside the Cell.

It's obnoxious but also insanely catchy.

R-O-W-D-I-E THAT'S THE WAY WE SPELL ROWDY, ROWDY, LET'S GET ROWDY, WOOOO!

Edited by Kalapse

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 10:03 AM)
Hey, folks.  I would appreciate some help placing a song that they queue up every so often at the Cell.  I am not very musically saavy so it is hard for me to describe, but it is stuck in my head and I would really like to know what it is.  It seems to me to be more of a beat then a song and the best I can describe it is that is begins by sounding kind of like bubbles popping or water dripping.  It goes kind of like "bum BUM bum bum-bum bum, bum BUM bum bum-bum bum...".  Does anyone recognize what song I am talking about?  If not perhaps you could list the songs you know are played regularly and I could look them each up until I recognize it.

SFF

I think this is the pirates of the carribean thing again.

Is this it?? Skull and Crossbones

edit: I do have this song if someone wanted me to email it to them. It's only like 2mb

and I think it goes more like...Bum Bum Bum-budah-Bum Bum Bum-bUdah-Bum Bum Bum-bUdah budah budah

Edited by Controlled Chaos

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 08:03 AM)
  It goes kind of like "bum BUM bum bum-bum bum, bum BUM bum bum-bum bum...".  Does anyone recognize what song I am talking about?  If not perhaps you could list the songs you know are played regularly and I could look them each up until I recognize it.

SFF

That's "The Little Drummer Boy."

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 11:29 AM)
Could it be "Popcorn" by Hot Butter?

A goofy 70's song.

That's what came to mind when you described it.

Yes, that's it! Thanks so much for helping me out! My little three year old will get a thrill just dancing around the living room to it. I know its a corny (pardon the pun) piece of fluff, but there is just something about it. You know, I think it is the one tune that probably sounds just as authentic in MIDI format, although that may or may not be a compliment!

http://dot.kelder.net/~jones/popcorn/mp3/1972/hot_butter.mp3

(dang, I didn't know this song had so many versions...)

SFF

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 01:01 PM)
Yes, that's it! Thanks so much for helping me out!  My little three year old will get a thrill just dancing around the living room to it.  I know its a corny (pardon the pun) piece of fluff, but there is just something about it.  You know, I think it is the one tune that probably sounds just as authentic in MIDI format, although that may or may not be a compliment!

http://dot.kelder.net/~jones/popcorn/mp3/1972/hot_butter.mp3

(dang, I didn't know this song had so many versions...)

SFF

Wow, that was horrible. Enjoy.

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 01:17 PM)
Yeah I guess you are right, but I am just not cool enough yet to listen to Pantera and Metallica.

Just replace the Bee Gees with Ashlee Simpson, and gradually work you way up. And don't blow up your disco records by yourself, leave it to the White Sox.

I wasted at least 1 minute of my oh so precious time, pulling out headphones, clicking on the hyperlink, and waiting for it to loadup. All the anticipation and then I proceed to hear perhaps one of the worst 30 seconds of music I have ever heard in my life.

Thanks!! :D :banghead

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)
I wasted at least 1 minute of my oh so precious time, pulling out headphones, clicking on the hyperlink, and waiting for it to loadup. All the anticipation and then I proceed to hear perhaps one of the worst 30 seconds of music I have ever heard in my life.

Thanks!!  :D  :banghead

it's soxtalk, why would you expect anything different?