Twinkies in the Cross Hairs

Texsox

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 08:22 PM)
I know it's small potatoes but these guys have been the bane of our existence for the past four seasons. They gawn from the AL Central after one more loss or Sox win.

I for one wil not shed a tear seeing these guys eliminated.

Truth be told though, they have great fans. Classy as hell, nice as hell...Jim is about the exact same as any other Twins fan I have encountered.

I absolutely despise the Twins, but that is, for the most part, only when the Sox are still alive mathematically in the race. I was one of the few on here rooting for them last year against New York.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 03:09 AM)
I absolutely despise the Twins, but that is, for the most part, only when the Sox are still alive mathematically in the race.  I was one of the few on here rooting for them last year against New York.

And, God forbid we don't make the playoffs, I'd cheer my ass off for Cleveland... so long as Oakland didn't make it.

Cleveland is a real fun team to watch, IMO. It's a shame that they're in the Central, or else they'd be one of my favorite other teams.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 10:33 PM)
I was really back and forth rooting for the Twins and Yankees during that series last year. For some reason I don't hate the Yanks as much as the Red Sox. I would have definitely rooted for Minny in a Twins/BoSox ALCS.

I'm with ya, I don't really mind the Yankees but I absolutely hate the Red Sox.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 12:33 AM)
I was really back and forth rooting for the Twins and Yankees during that series last year. For some reason I don't hate the Yanks as much as the Red Sox. I would have definitely rooted for Minny in a Twins/BoSox ALCS.

The Red Sox are so much worse than the Yankees. At least the Yankees are honest in their approach to winning titles. A Red Sox fan will b**** at you for an hour about the Yankees buying titles, turn around, and talk about being a "team of destiny"...with the highest payroll of any team to win the Series ever. Oh, and they're fair-weather and they don't know baseball for the most part.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 12:56 AM)
The Red Sox are so much worse than the Yankees.  At least the Yankees are honest in their approach to winning titles.  A Red Sox fan will b**** at you for an hour about the Yankees buying titles, turn around, and talk about being a "team of destiny"...with the highest payroll of any team to win the Series ever.  Oh, and they're fair-weather and they don't know baseball for the most part.

Preach it brother.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 18, 2005 -> 11:22 PM)
And, God forbid we don't make the playoffs, I'd cheer my ass off for Cleveland...  so long as Oakland didn't make it.

Cleveland is a real fun team to watch, IMO.  It's a shame that they're in the Central, or else they'd be one of my favorite other teams.

I would like to, but they piss me off too much...in fact, they piss me off very similarly to how the Twins did in 2002. This Indians team is better than that Minnesota team, but right now, as far as I view them as a fan, they are the same thing. Their cockiness, their bold confidence, the fact that they KNOW they are going to beat your ass and there is nothing you're going to do about it...THAT is what pisses me off.

As soon as that wears off, then I'll like them like I like Minnesota. Of course, it might never wear off, and I'll hate them forever.

The Red Sox are so much worse than the Yankees. At least the Yankees are honest in their approach to winning titles. A Red Sox fan will b**** at you for an hour about the Yankees buying titles, turn around, and talk about being a "team of destiny"...with the highest payroll of any team to win the Series ever.

oh man I totally agree. My roommate is a RedSox fan. There is no reasoning with him. Watching the World Series last year was so horrible