Twinkies in the Cross Hairs

Texsox

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 01:13 AM)
humm.. the twins score 5 in the 9th..but still lose 7-6

Man, I know how that feels.

So, are Twins' fans sticking around or have they moved onto the Vikes and Wild yet?

lol

i dont know

I would like to move one to the Vikes..but..well..you know they cant run the ball or pass the ball or play any defense..so Im looking to the Wild!

Im all abut goalie Dwyane Roloson

ROLLY FOR PREZ!!

oy...its just..this Twins team had so much potential...so much...JOHAN..

ah well. wait til next year I guess

The Twins have played something like 44 1-run games..hold on let me check this stat..

From the Strib

Sunday marked the 47th time this season the Twins have been held to two runs or less. They are 5-42 in those games.

:cry:

lol

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 12:58 AM)
lol

i dont know

I would like to move one to the Vikes..but..well..you know they cant run the ball or pass the ball or play any defense..so Im looking to the Wild!

Im all abut goalie Dwyane Roloson

ROLLY FOR PREZ!!

oy...its just..this Twins team had so much potential...so much...JOHAN..

ah well. wait til next year I guess

The Twins have played something like 44 1-run games..hold on let me check this stat..

From the Strib

Sunday marked the 47th time this season the Twins have been held to two runs or less. They are 5-42 in those games.

:cry:

lol

They have a few holes to fill.

Trading Hunter...which I assume will happen...will actually be a decent step in the right direction. Hunter is an incredible player, and he has an unbelievable knack for stepping up in huge situations...but he is making about $10 mill next year, and the Twins simply cannot afford to have a $10 mill OFer hit .270 at the plate with a mediocre OPS. His glove is outstanding in CF, but that's not worth $10 mill alone.

Trade him to New York, make sure Cano is part of the package, and you are already taking a step in the right direction. Morneau should be better with age and maturity next year, Mauer's power should start to develop, Kubel will be back, Ford will be in his 3rd full year...I still think things are looking up in Minnesota, even in a year as rough as this one has been on them.

yeah. thats what I keep telling myself. I heard somewhere one needs about 1500 major league at bats to really get a feel of what kind of hitter one is. Mauer will be fine. He just needs some protection in the lineup. He is batting round .300.

Kubel is playing in the Arizona Fall League. Hopefully he wont rip up his knee again.

And the pitching will be there. It just sucks the way the season has gone. like tonight 4 errors. Overthrown cutoff men. AA level ball :puke: Its a flash back to the late 90s..but with better pitching

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 12:02 AM)
yeah. thats what I keep telling myself. I heard somewhere one needs about 1500 major league at bats to really get a feel of what kind of hitter one is. Mauer will be fine. He just needs some protection in the lineup. He is batting round .300.

Kubel is playing in the Arizona Fall League. Hopefully he wont rip up his knee again.

And the pitching will be there. It just sucks the way the season has gone. like tonight 4 errors. Overthrown cutoff men. AA level ball :puke: Its a flash back to the late 90s..but with better pitching

They'll be back.

Gardenhire isn't the best manager in the world either. In the game on Sunday against us, the Twins got like 3 straight hits off of Contreras...and then he had the next man bunt? Why on earth would you do that? If a guy is being hit around like that, you don't give up outs, even if it's the World Series and the score is tied.

I honestly love watching the Twins play Twins baseball - except against the Sox of course - but I honestly haven't seen that since probably April or May. It's just not there...that magic that the Twins had has seemed to disappear.