Oregon Trail

GASHWOUND

As I mercifully try to take my mind off the Sox game :headshake

I came across an old classic Macintosh game. Oregon Trail

I remember playin this at school along with that fishing game(forgot what it's called)

and Math Munchers Remember that? lol..although it dealt with math, it was real fun

Thought some of you would want to play this classic again..I haven't played this game in I say 12 or so years.

Pretty decent.

http://www.classicgaming.com/rotw/otrail.shtml

Here's some more classic games

http://www.classicgaming.com/rotw/

also, here's a site where you can play classic arcade games..just as you would've at a real arcade.

http://www.breumelhof.nl/emulationroms/content/view/1/3

Edited by GASHWOUND

I remembering my son playing Oregon Trail and getting stuck. His damn team wouldn't pull the wagon. After looking over and over, I noticed something and said "Buddy, all your horses are dead!" :lolhitting Damn things can't pull a wagon dead.

QUOTE(GASHWOUND @ Sep 10, 2005 -> 01:47 AM)
Is it the same game, or a brand new game..just updated?

Similar game, but with actual people and pictures.

It's called Oregon Trail II, It came out in 2001.

It's pretty fun.

I got it at Office Depot for $10 when I bought some supplies one time.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?s...ge=search&fgtp=

Here it is on eBay.

Pretty reasonably priced.

Watch out for shipping overcharging though.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 10, 2005 -> 12:34 AM)
I remembering my son playing Oregon Trail and getting stuck. His damn team wouldn't pull the wagon. After looking over and over, I noticed something and said "Buddy, all your horses are dead!"  :lolhitting Damn things can't pull a wagon dead.

You mean the ox? or are there horses in the game too? I don't remember.

I have the original Oregon Trail still, I bought in a pack of games 5 or 6 years ago. Also, the latest version is Oregon Trail IV.

And forget about Math Munchers, SUPER Munchers was the best. You could a pick different categories (like geography and the like) and play those. I was the best at that game.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 01:12 AM)
I was a big fan of the Carmen SanDiego games. We had so many of those. I loved them..

Yeah we played those games a lot too when we were younger. Nothing like hearing funny eerie music, while you see the robber run across the screen.

QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 10, 2005 -> 09:21 AM)
there's one "computer class" game i'm thinking of but have no idea what the name of it is.

It was all about a haunted house and you had to go into all kinds of different rooms to find keys, i think, anyone got an idea?

I remember that game. It was really freaking hard IIRC. It wasn't Myst, but it was kind of similar to that I think.

The other classics for me were Dune, Command and Conquer, Sim City, Sim Tower, and Roller Coaster Tycoon. I think those, among the other games listed, were the only computer games I"ve ever played (well aside from Battlefield Vietnam every once in a while and a few games of CS).

the few games I remember are Oregon trail of course, then one with an alligator where you chomp on numbers, and the third was real fun one with gorillas/monkeys where you had to move em around to get em smallest on top biggest on bottom or something? anyone remember this one?