So Excited!

palesox38

QUOTE(palesox38 @ Sep 10, 2005 -> 12:55 AM)
I can't for the Rolling Stones concert on Saturday. I'm going and it will be my first time seeing them. They are one of my favorite bands and I know they'll put on a hell of a show. Anyone else going?

Couldn't put together the scratch for Stones this tour, but I'm going to saa Sir Paul next week. :britishflag:

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 10, 2005 -> 01:41 PM)
Couldn't put together the scratch for Stones this tour, but I'm going to saa Sir Paul next week. :britishflag:

Flaxx, you'll have to give us a review and a what to expect kind of thing. I've got my tickets sitting right here for November when he's in Dallas.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 10, 2005 -> 01:41 PM)
Anyone see thier performance at the football game the other night?   I've been in their corner up until now.   They've put on 20 years in the last 5 and they sound like it too.

It's time to hang it up boys.

I think Wyman had the right idea when he bowed out a few years back.

But you know what Mick said, he'd rather be dead than singing 'Satisfaction' when he's forty. I mean fifty. I mean. . . :P

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Sep 10, 2005 -> 01:18 PM)
I am disappointed that I can't get the the Queen + Paul Rodgers concert that will be in the US in October.

Have fun seeing the Stones!

I heard Queen Lite doing "Keep Yourself Alive" and I thought Paul Rodgers was awful. He's a good singer, but I don't think his voice is suited for Queen songs.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 10, 2005 -> 07:54 PM)
I heard Queen Lite doing "Keep Yourself Alive" and I thought Paul Rodgers was awful. He's a good singer, but I don't think his voice is suited for Queen songs.

I was curious how that would sound myself. I haven't heard anything yet. Freddy Mercury he ain't.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 10, 2005 -> 02:04 PM)
I think Wyman had the right idea when he bowed out a few years back.

But you know what Mick said, he'd rather be dead than singing 'Satisfaction' when he's forty.  I mean fifty.  I mean. . .  :P

The last time I saw them was for the 'Bridges of Babylon' tour. They played so quietly, you could carry on a conversation with out raising your voice. Awful.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Sep 10, 2005 -> 07:22 PM)
He ain't Freddy, but from a couple cuts, he wasn't all bad either.  Just have to know what to expect.

Exactly, and that's why I can't get behind Paul Rodgers fronting Queen.

When I hear Brian May's guitar sound, and then hear a classic Queen riff, I expect to hear Freddie's voice. As I said before, Paul Rodgers is a fine singer, but when I hear Queen I hear Freddie and I don't really want to hear anyone else's voice.

But that's just my opinion, and I hope you have a great time if you get to see them in concert!