Cedric Benson....

Has anyone else noticed that Cedric has been sporting a sweetness like mustache, that curls around the corners of his mouth? He also has a very sweentness-like afro working.... I dunno, maybe he's trying to get into the hearts of bears fans by imitating their greatest hero.... maybe im crazy....

The bottom line is I hope he plays like Payton.

Ya, I noticed that a week or so ago. If you put up their pictures next to each other, its eerily similar. Hopefully he has a similar career on the field. He's definately got the ability and reputation of being a work horse in the collegiate level. Hopefully he can do the same in the NFL level.

Another thing.... im close to actually liking Kyle Orton, but does he have to wear that ugly f***ing three-bar helmet?

That facemask looked ugly when Dan Marino wore it in the 80's!

if Kyle Orton would just go with a standard Tom Brady I would fall in love, if he went Phillip Rivers like with a visor... hed really have me.

Note to all football players.... VISORS are cool, even if u dont need one... wear one!

So I'm guessing Kariya is cool in the NHL?

I'm like you, really starting to believe in Orton's ability. I just love his attitude. He seems to live in the present and future and isn't the type of player that is going to get upset over his mistakes. He's not going to let a mistake make him think a little longer with the football (leading to more sacks and more mistakes). He's going to make a mistake and the next drive out go out as if its the 1st drive of the game.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Sep 10, 2005 -> 12:05 PM)
Has anyone else noticed that Cedric has been sporting a sweetness like mustache, that curls around the corners of his mouth? He also has a very sweentness-like afro working....  I dunno, maybe he's trying to get into the hearts of bears fans by imitating their greatest hero.... maybe im crazy....

The bottom line is I hope he plays like Payton.

I think you're on to something :

Exhibit A

Cedric Benson at Texas (after the ricky williams era) and Ricky Williams

cedric_benson60x80.jpg

ricky.jpg

Exhibit B

Walter payton and Cedric Benson now

payton.jpg

coincidence :huh maybe :)

good thing he's not on the Bills, then he'd have to imitate OJ :o

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Sep 10, 2005 -> 12:45 PM)
I believe he had a hip injury or 2

I believe not only was he injured, but his best receiver also was hobbled for part of last year.

Orton was incredible when he was healthy early in the year...he looked like he deserved a heisman. THen he got hurt and went downhill fast.

He could turn out to be a saviour for you guys, but I think the reality is he may turn out to be more of a Brees - he'll need a fair amount of time to adapt to the NFL game and stay healthy before he can give you any real quality.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 10, 2005 -> 02:41 PM)
I believe not only was he injured, but his best receiver also was hobbled for part of last year.

Orton was incredible when he was healthy early in the year...he looked like he deserved a heisman.  THen he got hurt and went downhill fast.

He could turn out to be a saviour for you guys, but I think the reality is he may turn out to be more of a Brees - he'll need a fair amount of time to adapt to the NFL game and stay healthy before he can give you any real quality.

Considering the fact that Jonathan Quinn & Henry Burris have played in regular season games for the bears the past 2 years (or was burris 3 years ago).... Im pretty comfortable with the possibilty of having a Drew Brees, although I think Orton's arm is a grade higher than brees is.

Orton had a hip pointer after the Wisconson game i want to say, and it hurt him immensely everytime he threw the ball... he looks pretty healthy now.

Thanks for adding the pics of Cedric and Sweetnes... i think there may be something to that.