Michigan gave that game away!

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 11:02 AM)
ND won that game.  I'm glad about that.

However, some ND people are getting a little too ahead of themselves.  Ty had a pretty nice start to his inaugural year too..

I've already touched on this a bit, but don't want to type it again, so here's the link to the Other Thread :P

As for getting ahead of ourselves, no one had THAT strong of expectations going into this year. I thought we'd win 6-7 games...but in that prediction Michigan was a loss, so maybe 8 games now. With the schedule that we play, it's damn hard to get ahead of yourself because pretty much any team can beat us on any saturday (Take MSU for example this coming weekend...Stanton scares the s*** out of me).

The point is, we're finally going in the right direction again. And this time, it's no fluke... I promise you that.

QUOTE(Fotop @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 12:16 PM)
I've already touched on this a bit, but don't want to type it again, so here's the link to the Other Thread  :P

As for getting ahead of ourselves, no one had THAT strong of expectations going into this year. I thought we'd win 6-7 games...but in that prediction Michigan was a loss, so maybe 8 games now. With the schedule that we play, it's damn hard to get ahead of yourself because pretty much any team can beat us on any saturday (Take MSU for example this coming weekend...Stanton scares the s*** out of me).

The point is, we're finally going in the right direction again. And this time, it's no fluke... I promise you that.

I did say "so far" in the title.

I'm not getting my hopes up (too much); but, I am hopeful that ND can be competitive enough this year that the can make a decent bowl game.

QUOTE(Fotop @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 11:16 AM)
I've already touched on this a bit, but don't want to type it again, so here's the link to the Other Thread  :P

Well that's good then; I hope it's no fluke. I have no problem with ND getting back to where they should be.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 06:19 AM)
Well half of Notre Dame's job is done. Now all that's left is to lose to Purdue.  :P

hahahaha... i was at the Purdue game yesterday and it was a joke. Their defense is decent but way overated. The pass defense is so bad it isnt even funny. I dont think Kirsh is the answer at QB either.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 04:02 PM)
ND won that game.  I'm glad about that.

However, some ND people are getting a little too ahead of themselves.  Ty had a pretty nice start to his inaugural year too..

Ty couldnt recruit and the team was getting worse every year. Weis will recruit well and his system will work with whoever he has in it.